GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19 Golf R electrical errors

GTI-G

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting a door contact switch error coupled with an ebrake and auto hold error on the car for the drivers side door. Windows also won’t open from the main door switch. Anyone have any experience with these issues or might know what is causing them? Thanks.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Back when every connection had its own set of wires making a proprietary circuit, diagnosing electrical problems like this was a PITA, but doable. But with the advent of CANbus sytems electical issues like you're having range from absolutely maddening to "gotta replace the ECU." Do you have a virgin who you could sacrifice to the great gods of electricity?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Diagnosing CAN systems isn't all that tough. In some ways, its easier. With only one wire for most of the inter-module communication, you either have it or you don't. If the offending module has power, ground and signal then likely your module is bad. If you have the rest of the network complaining about one module and that module isn't saying anything, it is likely the one you need to check.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The last time I had multiple errors my VCDS listed a summary of the offended modules and the common sensor the modules had in common at the end of the scan. I don't think I did anything special.