GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" Englishtown wheels from 2018 Golf R on 2016 TSI

Kiumarg

Car(s)
2016 golf tsi
Do the OE wheels from 2018 Golf R fit a humble 2016 TSI? Provided that I can get a good deal on them, is it advisable?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
They should bolt straight on. Don’t forget to factor in the cost of the more expensive 19” low profile tyres you’ll need. With 19” alloys and low profile tyres, you’ll probably also notice a deterioration in ride comfort compared to the ride comfort with your current set up (smaller wheels and tyres with a higher sidewall), and with a slim tyre sidewall there‘s an increased risk of kerb damage.

The Englshtown alloys have a diamond cut / machined finish that I’m personally not a fan of as IMHO it’s not a very durable finish, so additional considerations;
  • Susceptible to white worm corrosion if the clear lacquer over the machined face of the spokes becomes damaged.
  • Seem to be more easily damaged by tyre fitters than painted / powder coated alloys.
If damaged, they’re more expensive to refurbish (at least that’s the case in the UK) than alloys with a painted / powder coated finish.

Kiumarg

Car(s)
2016 golf tsi
Thanks for that.

As far as the tires are concerned, would 235/35zr19 work? Or is that going to be too wide?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It is not advisable(even if they will fit).

Please seek out wheels that are not Englishtowns, these are basically the ugliest wheels you could choose. They cannot be cheap enough, even if free.

Sorry, not sorry.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for that.

As far as the tires are concerned, would 235/35zr19 work? Or is that going to be too wide?

In the UK, if you opt to have Englishtown alloys (they’re known as Spielberg in the UK), they’re fitted with 235/35 R19 tyres from the factory.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum @Kiumarg . I don't know what size of wheels and tires came on your Tsi but you need to take into consideration the overall height to keep your speedometer and tachometer correct. The Discount Tires website has a calculator that will show you how much your tach and speedo will be off. Or someone who can do coding with VCDS or OBDeleven to correct the difference to keep them accurate.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It is not advisable(even if they will fit).

Please seek out wheels that are not Englishtowns, these are basically the ugliest wheels you could choose. They cannot be cheap enough, even if free.

Sorry, not sorry.
There are far uglier wheels one could choose. I'll take yours if you are giving them away for free.