GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x8...35 offset...kinda flush/flush/poke?

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
Can confirm, running 18x8 et35 OZ rims (Audi fitment) with 235/40/18 Michelin PS4S, slight, slight poke in front, flush back. Fits is aggressive, but no rub lowered on Bilstein B8/H&R OEM Sport combo with front fender screw mod.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Can confirm, running 18x8 et35 OZ rims (Audi fitment) with 235/40/18 Michelin PS4S, slight, slight poke in front, flush back. Fits is aggressive, but no rub lowered on Bilstein B8/H&R OEM Sport combo with front fender screw mod.

that’s what I’ve been doing, looking at wheels for an s3 to get the good fitment.

btw put up some pictures

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple of pics when I was down visiting NC and hit up Tail of the Dragon. No rubbing even when pushing very hard. :)

gtiowner301

I'll hook you up with some pics of mine. I've got 18x8 ET35 OZ Ultraleggeras in bronze on my Night Blue GTI. I absolutely love it, because I've had issues with spacers.
I’m looking at a set of 18 x 8 x 35 OZ ultraleggeras. Would you be able to send me those pictures? Also, if I’m at stock ride height, I shouldn’t have any rubbing issues right?

brnkskn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf VII GTI DSG
18x8 ET35 OZ Ultraleggeras with 235/40R18 Michelin PS4 tires and the car is on Vogtland 1.2"(or 30mm) lowering springs with 1.1-1.2 deg negative camber. It slightly rubs at high speeds due to road defects or patches. (Screw mode has been done)
2C977121-776A-425F-86C4-4344A6407CEB.jpg
F9FB285E-4670-405B-AB37-A9DA926B0D96.jpg
IMG_0870_(1).jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Car looks great though. how hard are those wheels to clean/keep clean?

I have bronze ultraleggeras. There’s a lot of spokes, they’re kindof annoying to clean.

You’d definitely want lower dust pads and a ceramic coat on the wheels

Last edited:

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I have bronze ultraleggeras. There’s a lot of apples, they’re kindof annoying to clean.

You’d definitely want lower dust pads and a ceramic coat on the wheels
I actually recently found a great wheel cleaner that works great, but it makes a film on my rotors which in turn scraps off on the first ride after a wash... once again making the wheels dirty lololol

brnkskn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf VII GTI DSG
Car looks great though. how hard are those wheels to clean/keep clean?
It is painful to clean them when they get dirty since these have matt paint and a lot of spokes.

I clean them with wheel cleaner first. Even though, they look clean when they are wet, some spots still stay dirty after drying.

Gotta clean the dirty parts with towel and all purpose cleaner every time after they dry.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It is painful to clean them when they get dirty since these have matt paint and a lot of spokes.

I clean them with wheel cleaner first. Even though, they look clean when they are wet, some spots still stay dirty after drying.

Gotta clean the dirty parts with towel and all purpose cleaner every time after they dry.

Yep - same experience here with the bronze, metallic painted ultras.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti

Damn... thanks for the heads up