GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x8...35 offset...kinda flush/flush/poke?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Trying to avoid spacers

Found a wheel with these specs

Will they work?

Also will be pairing them with VWR springs

I want flush as possible

Will be using 235 tires as well

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Trying to avoid spacers

Will they work?

I want flush as possible

http://willtheyfit.com

We know that the stock Austins (18x7.5) (ET49) with the usual spacers (20mm rear / 25mm front) is pretty much the standard look that most people like, flush wise.

So as compared to the stock Austins with the stock 225 tires, you're looking at.

So the same amount of flush on the rear as you would have with Austins and 20mm spacers. But on the front I would personally say that they would poke 5mm too much.

It seems most people go 18x8.5 ET45, for reference.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I searched and found quite a few people running et35 offset on a 8.5" wheel and they looked pretty good IMO....didnt seem to poke much at all, if any

And I'm looking at a 8" wide wheel....not 8.5

An et35/8.5" wide wheel would poke more than a et35/8" wide wheel, right?

Or do I have it backwards

Anyone running 35 offset with pics

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!

Here are some pics with the following specs ( 18x8.5 et35). The first picture was 245/40r18 and the second is 225/40/R18. No spacers, lowered on Vogtland coilovers

am215

Ready to race!
I searched and found quite a few people running et35 offset on a 8.5" wheel and they looked pretty good IMO....didnt seem to poke much at all, if any

And I'm looking at a 8" wide wheel....not 8.5

An et35/8.5" wide wheel would poke more than a et35/8" wide wheel, right?

Or do I have it backwards

with 235/40 there may be some rubbing in the front beyond what the fender screw can fix, but I'll let someone else chime in with more experience. I would think with a 225/40 you would not have an issue

nype

Drag Racing Champion

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Thanks

Just to clarify.....an et35/8.5" wide wheel will poke more than an et35/8" wide wheel, correct?......by about a quarter inch?

That is correct

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Let's be clear, ET35 isn't a smart choice.

It all depends on the look you are going for. When I was 245/40/R18 I only rubbed on aggressive corners and deeper potholes with ET35

No, it doesn't depend on looks, it depends on whether you prefer being able to drive your car or not.

"Driving" commonly includes corners and bumps. :rolleyes:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
17x8 et35, 225/45 on the GSW 4Motion is flush up front, and could still use a 5mm+ spacer in the rear. No rubbing as the car isn't lowered yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
No, it doesn't depend on looks, it depends on whether you prefer being able to drive your car or not.

"Driving" commonly includes corners and bumps. :rolleyes:

Correct, Driving does include corners and bumps. Im on ET35 and do not rub at all with coils and 225/40

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Revival of a dead thread but I too was about to order an et35 18x8 wheel... willtheyfit.com shows a 20mm poke from stock austins, I know thats completely fine for the rears, any rub for fronts doing this? even if maxing out suspension travel?

GTISEVEN

Passed Driver's Ed
Trying to avoid spacers

Will they work?

I want flush as possible

No It won’t rub...I’ve the same set up,Sparco Asseto Gara and it doesn’t rub.I even get away with 5-8 mm spacers at rear but due to vibrations at highway speeds ,I removed them.The stance looks pretty good even without spacers