GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x8...35 offset...kinda flush/flush/poke?

golfergolfer

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Hey guys. Just picked up a set of OZ superleggera wheels 8 inch wide ET35 and have two questions.

1. Will I need new lug studs from stock. (I also have some BBS wheels mounted with studs for winter that are 7.5 inches wide and et 35)
2. Will it rub with stock suspension and no fender screw mod. The answers wavered a lot.

Thank you!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Hey guys. Just picked up a set of OZ superleggera wheels 8 inch wide ET35 and have two questions.

1. Will I need new lug studs from stock. (I also have some BBS wheels mounted with studs for winter that are 7.5 inches wide and et 35)
2. Will it rub with stock suspension and no fender screw mod. The answers wavered a lot.

Thank you!
1. Stock have the wrong style seat and are too short.

Cosmic Heretic

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
For everyone who has been wondering about poke and flush and whatnot for et35, here are some BBS RG-R 18x8 et35 running random brand 235/40 tires on stock ride suspension. The first two pics are of the front and you can see a tiny bit of poke, the tears are just about perfectly flush.
This was just a test fit since I just grabbed these so I can’t say how much they rub or drive just yet. Hopefully this helps!
The one thing I didn't like about the GTI was stock wheel fitment. I installed 20mm front /25mm rear spacers on my 18" prets and get almost the exact fitment you are getting. The stock tuck was ugly as sin at +49 offset on a 7.5" wheel. 18x8 +35 is the sweet-spot for this car IMO. I will be getting a summer wheel-set in this size with 235/40 MP4S.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The one thing I didn't like about the GTI was stock wheel fitment. I installed 20mm front /25mm rear spacers on my 18" prets and get almost the exact fitment you are getting. The stock tuck was ugly as sin at +49 offset on a 7.5" wheel. 18x8 +35 is the sweet-spot for this car IMO. I will be getting a summer wheel-set in this size with 235/40 MP4S.

there’s too much poke with ET35/8” barrel.

there’s a reason all the direct-fit wheels from brands like Neuspeed are all ET45.

ET45/8-8.5 is the real sweet spot. More or less exactly flush, with a minuscule amount of tuck in the rear due to camber.

Cosmic Heretic

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
there’s too much poke with ET35/8” barrel.

there’s a reason all the direct-fit wheels from brands like Neuspeed are all ET45.

ET45/8-8.5 is the real sweet spot. More or less exactly flush, with a minuscule amount of tuck in the rear due to camber.
No I'm going to go ahead and disagree. Most running ET45 are running spacers which is totally avoidable with ET35. ET45 8" is no where near flush.