GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18 x9 wheels

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I apologize if this has been discussed at length already, but I'm just looking for some clarification. I will be running my car in NASA TT4-5 this year, trying to finalize the parts I need. I would prefer to run as wide a tire as possible, but it would seem that 8.5 inches wide is the gold standard on these cars. I would prefer to run 9, but don't want to force the issue. If 9 inches is more trouble than its worth, or require me to run large spacers (something I don't want to do) I don't want to waste my time reinventing the wheel. (see what I did there?)

I don't care about stance, or looks, and don't care about rolling the fenders. Just looking for a definitive "Yes, its relatively easy and worth it" or "don't waste your time, you're an idiot, stay with 8.5".

Lastly, I was looking at these Neuspeed wheels, which are on sale and would seemingly fit the bill. Again, any suggestions are welcome. Thanks friends

https://neuspeedrswheels.com/collections/vw-audi/products/neuspeed-rse11

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Beautiful, thank you. Burgerkong strikes me as someone that is plagued by ideas, at least as far as the GTI is concerned....but if anyone else has an opinion, I'd love to hear it.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Many of the Cupras and MK7 GTI/Clubsports that run on the ring have 9 or 9.5x18 et52 wheels with staggered tires, 265/35 front and 235/40 18 rear. So that should work fitment wise if you are looking for big front tire.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
This is great information everyone, exactly what I was looking for. I think running staggered sounds great, but that might be a future project. Trying to keep this somewhat simple for the time being.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Definitely need camber in the front of it will rub with 265's

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Definitely need camber in the front of it will rub with 265's
Coolio. I have Vorshlag camber plates, I'm assuming that will give me all the camber I need.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Coolio. I have Vorshlag camber plates, I'm assuming that will give me all the camber I need.

For the front yes, but you may run into issues on the rear depending on the exact brand of 265s you go with, may rub fuel filler hose guard, and also fender on passenger side due to the rear subframe being slightly offset.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
For the front yes, but you may run into issues on the rear depending on the exact brand of 265s you go with, may rub fuel filler hose guard, and also fender on passenger side due to the rear subframe being slightly offset.
Is there a maxium tire width that has been established? For instance, I'm a big fan of Federal Tire and plan on running their FZ-210M for the start of the year. The section width of the 265 tire is 10.5.....any idea if that will fit?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Is there a maxium tire width that has been established? For instance, I'm a big fan of Federal Tire and plan on running their FZ-210M for the start of the year. The section width of the 265 tire is 10.5.....any idea if that will fit?
The tires I run are 10.7 section width.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion

My AR-1s are 10.67" for section width. But my R maybe slightly different than a GTI.