GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" OE PRETORIA wheels now available

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
You can find brand new ones online for $285-300.

If the wheels you are looking at are scratch-free and the tires are not damaged, I'd jump on it.

I would be all over that. I spent $1246 ($1128 after rebate) on a set of brand new Pretorias after looking for a used set for months. That's without tires. The DWS06 is arguably the best all season performance tire there is.
Hmm okay maybe I will pull the trigger. I might be able to get him down to 1k, I've never been the biggest fan of black wheels since they just dont have much depth to them but I could do with a new set of wheels/tires.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I didn't want to make a new thread for this question, but I have a lead on some brand new Pretorias with Conti dws06 tires for approx 1100 all said and done. Looking for opinions. I currently have Dallas wheels with some cheap OEM all seasons that need to be replaced anyway. I prefer summer tires though (live in San Diego) so idk if I'll be happy with the Contis.

that’s a screaming deal, if you’re interested do it! Though I have not read great things about the new DWS+. From what I gather, the updated tire is not as good as the outgoing model. I will be looking for leftover DWS06 when I upgrade my tires after winter, after preferring the ride on my gf’s TDI wagon with OEM 17’s and 225/45/17 DWS06 over my Alltrack w/ 18” Neuspeeds and 235/40/18 AS4’s

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hmm okay maybe I will pull the trigger. I might be able to get him down to 1k, I've never been the biggest fan of black wheels since they just dont have much depth to them but I could do with a new set of wheels/tires.

you could also powder coat the wheels if you’re not in a huge rush to throw the new ones on. And willing to spend some extra coin.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
The only thing that sucks is that the OEM rim is 7.5 and not 8" wide. Wish I could put a solid 235 tyre on there without having the sidewall reduction.

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone actually thrown a bare 18" Pretoria onto a scale? Or are the weights posted earlier in the thread simply calculated by subtracting posted estimated tire weights?

Cause my 18" Pretorias showed up today and I threw one on the scale. The bare wheel weighed 23 lbs, 2.7 oz.
That's crazy because from my research 19" Prets are reported to be 22lbs

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
That's crazy because from my research 19" Prets are reported to be 22lbs

The 18" Pretoria wheels are cast, the 19" are either forged or flow-formed. I've read both, and can't be bothered to get in to the weeds about wheels that I don't have and aren't going to buy.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The only thing that sucks is that the OEM rim is 7.5 and not 8" wide. Wish I could put a solid 235 tyre on there without having the sidewall reduction.
They fit fine actually. (235/40/18) it’s a taller side wall but not by some crazy amount, and the bulge isn’t excessive even on wider known tires like the mp4s, *it did make the steering less responsive but nothing of huge concern on a street car
7237E148-10F8-431C-8345-7D90FE9BC09B.jpeg
CC78D315-1B9E-4DEB-855E-E5B3C86ABC94.jpeg
E03E0346-C351-462A-9EEC-26AE7D647E1C.jpeg

alvincurtains

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
They fit fine actually. (235/40/18) it’s a taller side wall but not by some crazy amount, and the bulge isn’t excessive even on wider known tires like the mp4s, *it did make the steering less responsive but nothing of huge concern on a street car
View attachment 229174View attachment 229175View attachment 229176
Did you modify your fenders at all? Also, what spacers are you running?

Trying to achieve this look on my rabbit too.
Thanks in advance man.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you modify your fenders at all? Also, what spacers are you running?

Trying to achieve this look on my rabbit too.
Thanks in advance man.
At that time and fitment i only did the fender screw mod to the fronts.

In that picture I was running 15mm fronts and 20mm rears. If you are running the oem 225s run them with 20s up front and 25s in the back. That’s what I ran prior to the 235s
Those look really dope! I'm probably going to stick with the 225s since I'm doing it more for looks rather than anything else.

Thanks, that look is long gone now though - lol

I’m running 8.5 konigs now with 265s up front and 235s in the rear- lol

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

There are reproductions that are 18x8 and cheap. I'm tempted but have held my trigger finger - so far.

https://www.carid.com/art-replica-w...ck-18x8-alloy-factory-wheel-mpn-r7518002.html

View attachment 229174View attachment 229175View attachment 229176

I thought you should have stayed with those wheels and stance. Car looked perfect that way.