GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17's & Stoptech BBK

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Hypergram has a "sunk" face, not a good design if brake clearance is a priority. I'd have to measure, but it's close even with just PP brakes. I think Konig has other wheels (Rennform?) that would have more clearance.

No. My 18x9 Rennforms needed a 5mm spacer with 355mm stoptech.

I would think Apex would be cheapest option.

I figured the Rse05 would work but I guess not.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Apex should do it.

Twistiee

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R, MK6 GTI
Apex should do it.
Another problem with NZ - very difficult to get Apex wheels here (one problem after another right??)
Currently I have these..... "Noname" wheels fitted that work fine, however I have no idea of their load rating and they are fully cast as far as I can tell so I'm not willing to trust them for track events.

Attachments

• 20211221_173124.jpg
    20211221_173124.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
If you can't get Apex (which would almost certainly clear in 18x9) then Neuspeed is probably the second best choice. The RSe10 and RSe11r has a ton of brake clearance.

I would think any of the Titan options (TR7 or TR10 in 18x8.5et43) will fit, as should the Wedsport TC-105x in the same size.

Twistiee

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R, MK6 GTI
If you can't get Apex (which would almost certainly clear in 18x9) then Neuspeed is probably the second best choice. The RSe10 and RSe11r has a ton of brake clearance.

I would think any of the Titan options (TR7 or TR10 in 18x8.5et43) will fit, as should the Wedsport TC-105x in the same size.
Also can't get either of those brands....
Can get some Enkei (rpf1), Work wheels, Motegi, Avanti and Konig, plus a few random brands (just looking at brands that do flow formed - budget track car build (yes believe it or not a mk7 R is budget here at the moment thanks to current pricing of all the Japanese performance cars))

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Enkei PF09 in 18x9 ET42 should have good clearance

Motegi MR145 tracklite 18x8.5 et42

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Does anyone know if 17"x7 OE VW Valley wheels with an ET42 clear StopTech ST41 with 328x25mm rotors? Planning on running a 10mm front spacer, but wanted to make sure there is enough clearance for the larger calipers behind these specific 17's.
Thanks!