GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" Winter Wheel Offsets

mercurial_dirigible

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to buy a winter wheel / tire package through TireRack. My preferred wheels (17" Rial Lucca w/ 45mm offset in silver) are back-ordered until Spring 2020. TireRack does stock the same wheel in a 37mm offset but according to WillTheyFit.com, they will poke out a bit more than my stock Austins. Any idea if I can run these without rubbing, or am I better off finding a different wheel closer to 45mm offset? Is there a way to quantify how much poke is too much poke when buying new wheels?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
8 mm = .3 inches

idk if that helps

used set off CL for this year sell them when you get the replacements you really want?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
What width?

I'm running 17x7, ET 37 wheels with 225/45 tires with no rubbing on stock suspension. They fill the wheel wells nicely, too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mercurial_dirigible

Passed Driver's Ed
What width?

I'm running 17x7, ET 37 wheels with 225/45 tires with no rubbing on stock suspension. They fill the wheel wells nicely, too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7.5" width. Wrapping in 225/45R17. TireRack says they will fit but figured the MK7 community knows best...

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yep - ran that as well. Ultimately my question is will additional poke of 12mm over stock cause any issues, i.e. rubbing?

it will be .47inches out more, thats half an inch, 12mm

ECS flush kit is 15mm front and 20mm back, I think you will be fine. its the same width tire 225 ~ 225 so it should be fine.
Assuming you are stock height

Edit: Don't forget, hub bore, if you need to get hub rings, and if the wheels are wider you prob need longer wheel bolt

mercurial_dirigible

Passed Driver's Ed
it will be .47inches out more, thats half an inch, 12mm

ECS flush kit is 15mm front and 20mm back, I think you will be fine. its the same width tire 225 ~ 225 so it should be fine.
Assuming you are stock height

Edit: Don't forget, hub bore, if you need to get hub rings, and if the wheels are wider you prob need longer wheel bolt

Got it - thanks for the help. Bring on the snow!

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Does anyone know if the Rial Luccas are 57.1 hub centric? I do not want to run plastic ring adapters.

Thanks.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Not sure if this helps but I am running Bremmer Kraft BR16's 17x8 ET45 with a 10mm spacer on front (so that they will clear the TT-S calipers) and a 15mm spacer on the rear to balance the front/rear poke along with 225/45-17 Michelin X-Ice tires and have no issues on my stock suspension R.

They do sell metal rings, BTW.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Does anyone know if the Rial Luccas are 57.1 hub centric? I do not want to run plastic ring adapters.

Thanks.

I hate that TireRack's website doesn't have a legit "Details" section for wheels. how do you mess that up as one of the biggest retailers of wheels? It doesn't say anything about the wheel's hub bore.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
They are not hubcentric. Tirerack has no way of calculating this until you ad it to your cart, it will auto-populate rings or not.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
They are not hubcentric. Tirerack has no way of calculating this until you ad it to your cart, it will auto-populate rings or not.

Yeah but that's a shitty way for them to code their website, where it utilizes filters based on user input to autopopulate whether something will fit based on back-end info that ISN'T expressed on the front-end. Just print that data to the web page so we can see it! It's useful, and important in any educated buying decision about wheels lol.