GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" wheels

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Awesome stuff guys, thanks for all the pics. Digging those Motegi's as well, but in researching them a bit in the past some concerns were raised about their durability and maybe them being TOO light? Johnpaul, any thoughts on that?

I've had the wheels for about a year and driven 12-15k miles on terrible roads throughout New England. So far I'm happy to say the wheels have held up great and stayed balanced all summer with I was pretty impressed with! As far as the wheels being too light... I've never heard of that being a concern? They weight a hair over 17lbs which is pretty typical for light weight 17x8 wheels.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Got some Kosei K8Rs in 17x8 et45 from a local and got them on over the weekend. Installed some 245/40 tires on them and dig the setup.

airjor13

Ready to race!
My cold weather non-snow setup OE Denver’s, prob the only crazy running these on MK7 lol

mrrogers1

I have a quick question for all you 17in wheel (aftermarket) peeps. I have normally ran the 225/45R17 tires which is OEM for 17x7.5 wheels. I have a set of Konig Oversteers 17x8 for my GSW TDI for the Spring AND my tires from my OEM Goals (they are still mounted). I was initially thinking about remounting the 225's on my new wheels as they only have 20k on them BUT wondered of you all are running 225 series OR 235's with your 8in wide aftermarket wheels.

Thanks for sharing and here's a pic for attention. [emoji41][emoji1474]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DeathKing

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a quick question for all you 17in wheel (aftermarket) peeps. I have normally ran the 225/45R17 tires which is OEM for 17x7.5 wheels. I have a set of Konig Oversteers 17x8 for my GSW TDI for the Spring AND my tires from my OEM Goals (they are still mounted). I was initially thinking about remounting the 225's on my new wheels as they only have 20k on them BUT wondered of you all are running 225 series OR 235's with your 8in wide aftermarket wheels.

Thanks for sharing and here's a pic for attention.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Go 235/45 for 17x8. It's what most aftermarket companies recommend for the MK7 Golf. Nice wheels!

LannyCaster

Car(s)
2018 GTI
Anyone running 17's and aren't lowered? I'm tempted to go 17s with a meaty tire but I don't want to lower as my driveway is steep

Also, you can hyperdip the mirror caps either on or off the car to get the black look.

Attachments

• 20211101_084434.jpg
    20211101_084434.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 82