GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" rims

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yup, quite a few of us run 17" rims. Some of them needs spacers to clear depending on the offset. Most also need the real thin wheel weights. Mine only have a few MM clearance on the calipers.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Did you mean 17" wheel? Not sure what you are asking there is the "rim"which is the outer part of a wheel and then the center which holds the bore and bolt pattern and then the dish which is the part that connects the "rim"to the center. The dish can be a solid disc or in most aftermarket wheels they would be spokes. So a 17" rim can be modified by adjusting the offset by positioning the dish and the center in relationship to the "rim". Please clarify

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is anyone running a 17" rims on their GTI's with the PP and Golf R brakes?A standard VW rim will not clear the calipers.

I'm getting Motegi MR131 17X8 5X112 and I have an 18 SE with the PP and those are verified to clear the R calipers. And they only weigh 17 lbs.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Plenty do run 17" alloys...just got to watch if the spokes are dished inwards instead of outwards....as the back of them hit the front face of the caliper...my 17inch 5 spoke alloys would easy clear a 340mm R kit as designed for BBK as the spokes are dished outwards...

& yes I still have 312mm brakes but the room is huge....& I have 35mm almost standard factory VW offset...

Pete_CFB

Ready to race!
I run 17" salamanca for winters on my 19.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Is anyone running a 17" rims on their GTI's with the PP and Golf R brakes?A standard VW rim will not clear the calipers.
I run a set of 17" Neuspeed wheels for my winter setup, clears the brakes without issues.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I run 17x8 ET40 Motegi Traklites with Indy 500 245/45/17 , lots of room and they sit perfectly flush on my 1.5" lowered Alltrack. Excellent lightweight, affordable combination.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
My winters are 17x7.5" ET51 OEM Anthracite Goals, fit fine as long as whoever balances them doesn't double stack the weights.