GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17 MK7 GTI Sport DSG Black 11k miles

gtiSlappy

Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
What? Practically new 2017 Golf GTI MK7 Sport DSG
Atlanta, Georgia
  • Miles: ~11,300 but I do drive maybe 10 miles a week so going to say 11,500 to round up.
  • Exterior: Deep Black Pearl
  • Interior: Clark Plaid Seats
  • As it is the Sport it comes with the Performance Package & Lighting Package, Push Button Start, Reverse Camera, etc.
Reason? I now work remote permanently and do not drive anywhere. I have put barely 3000 miles on since I purchased in April so I have no need for another car payment.

Details:
  • ~$7500 in upgrades/modifications - Listed further below.
  • No accidents. Clean Carfax - Available Upon Request!
  • VW DealershipOil changes & Services
  • Paint Protection Film on 90% of the car.
  • Heated Driver & Passenger seats
  • Android Auto, Apple Car Play, Sirius XM
  • GTI all weather floor mats.
Asking Price $23,000 Or Best Offer

Parts List:

• VWR R600 Cold Air Intake
  • VWR Turbo 90 Elbow
  • VWR Turbo Muffler Delete
  • VWR Billet Paddle Blades
  • VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe
  • VWR Cat Back Cup Exhaust
  • VWR Multi-Link Dampers
  • VWR Stud Conversion
  • VWR 18" x 8" Cup Wheels
  • RokBlokz Mud Flaps (obviously removable)
  • Michelin PS4S Tires
  • ECS Tuning Control Covers
  • ECS Tuning Steel Oil Pan
  • ECS Tuning CF Battery Box
  • ECS Tuning Fuse Box Cover
  • H&R Sport Springs
  • H&R Rear Sway Bar
  • 034 Rear End Links
  • 034 Front End Links
  • CTS Turbo Outlet Pipe
  • CTS 2.0 BOV
  • APR Intercooler Hoses
  • LED Reverse Lights
  • LED License Plate Lights
  • LED Interior Lights
  • LED Front Turn Signal Lights
  • VW Front Engine Cover

Attachments

• IMG_3614.JPG
    IMG_3614.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3638.jpg
    IMG_3638.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4392.jpg
    IMG_4392.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
KBB for a 17 Sport is around 18K. The mods will hurt selling it to the average buyer. It takes a special buyer that wants those mods to pay more than KBB. You almost never get your money out of mods.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When I checked KBB that's what it said. No way a 17 Is worth 25K. You could have bought a brand new one in 17 for that price.

In this day and age, I disagree in general with that statement. Here's a 2017 Sport with a few more miles, that already has a purchase pending for $23,590. A buddy of mine is in the process of buying a 2017 Autobahn with 30k miles for $24k. Hell. If he spent a day and put it back to stock, he could just sell it to Carvana for $20k:

1603980949556.png

The market is just that wild these days.

I do agree though that the mods lower the value of the car, unless you find that specific buyer who wants those exact mods already done. Modding is a personal thing. You choose the mods and make it your own. So unless the buyer wants exactly what you've done to the car, it's usually seen a something that detracts value, not adds to it.

Personally, I'd take the mods off to make it easier to sell. Put it back to stock, list it up for $22k - $23k, which it should have no problem selling at. Could probably easily make another $2k - $3k selling the mods in the classifieds.

Regardless, good luck with the sale gtiSlappy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In this day and age, I disagree in general with that statement. Here's a 2017 Sport with a few more miles, that already has a purchase pending for $23,590. A buddy of mine is in the process of buying a 2017 Autobahn with 30k miles for $24k. Hell. If he spent a day and put it back to stock, he could just sell it to Carvana for $20k:

View attachment 190310
The market is just that wild these days.

I do agree though that the mods lower the value of the car, unless you find that specific buyer who wants those exact mods already done. Modding is a personal thing. You choose the mods and make it your own. So unless the buyer wants exactly what you've done to the car, it's usually seen a something that detracts value, not adds to it.

Personally, I'd take the mods off to make it easier to sell. Put it back to stock, list it up for $22k - $23k, which it should have no problem selling at. Could probably easily make another $2k - $3k selling the mods in the classifieds.

Regardless, good luck with the sale gtiSlappy.
I didn't account for the fact that the used car market is priced abnormally high right now.