GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'17 GTI with 27k mi. Going to be nomadic/road tripping for next 6 months: Things to check/fix under warranty before I leave?

brokeitagain

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI sport
I have a 2017 GTI Sport 6MT with 27k miles on it. I bought it certified preowned at 15k miles, so I still have 8k 12k miles left of CPO warranty.

I'm going to be nomadic for work for the next 6 months, and will be driving from site to site every 4 weeks. Google maps calculated my total driving distance to be ~10k mi just getting site to site.

Is there anything anyone recommends checking/servicing before a long road trip? Anything that tends to wear out around the 30k mi mark? Hoping to get anything that needs to be replaced done under warranty before I leave.

Obviously I will be starting the trip with fresh oil and filters, I have plenty of life on my tires and brakes as well. I'm also planning on doing the VAQ service a smidge early before I leave, and might exchange transmission fluid while I'm at it just because I don't know how the initial owner treated the transmission.

Last edited:

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Brake and clutch system flush and bleed.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Original powertrain warranty is 5yr/60k according to all my paperwork.

CPO warranty I got was 2 year/24k mi. I didn't purchase any additional warranty. I thought it was 2/20k though, so I'm glad I checked.
Yep, your statements and mine are not mutually exclusive.

the Factory Warranties are as follows:

B2B: 36 Months / 36,000 miles
Powertrain: 60 months / 60,000 miles

CPO extends your B2B from 3/36 to 5/60, so slaps on top of your Powertrain.

So you are covered until 5 years from in-service date, since your mileage is so low

brokeitagain

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI sport
Yep, your statements and mine are not mutually exclusive.

the Factory Warranties are as follows:

B2B: 36 Months / 36,000 miles
Powertrain: 60 months / 60,000 miles

CPO extends your B2B from 3/36 to 5/60, so slaps on top of your Powertrain.

So you are covered until 5 years from in-service date, since your mileage is so low
Huh. Are you sure the CPO B2B adds on to the original B2B? When I purchased it the original B2B had just expired at 36 months, so I thought the new warranty would be for an additional 2 years or 24k, not 2 years or 60k

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Huh. Are you sure the CPO B2B adds on to the original B2B? When I purchased it the original B2B had just expired at 36 months, so I thought the new warranty would be for an additional 2 years or 24k, not 2 years or 60k

I am positive it extends your factory B2B to 5/60. I had a CPO 2015 GTI that had interior work done @ 53K miles under my CPO B2B with a $50 deductible

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Brakes were flushed recently. They use the same reservoir, right? So does that automatically mean the clutch was flushed?
Only if they opened the bleeder on the bleeder block which is under the air intake. Would need to ask the dealer or the shop that performed the service.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I've got a CPO GTI that I bought with 34k miles, so my CPO warranty was for 2 years/24k miles. Does that extend my current powertrain or B2B? I'm at 48k now.