GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17 GTI Sport Pricing

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
I was looking for a 17 Sport DSG about a year to a year and a half ago when they were selling for 22-23 new at some dealers with big discounts. I found a 25k mile car for 18K but it got snapped up before I could close the deal.

What are prices looking like for a sub 40k mile 17 Sport DSG in good condition with no stories? A quick check still shows some people asking 20-22k but that's asking price. Is it reasonable to try and get one around 17-18?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I was looking for a 17 Sport DSG about a year to a year and a half ago when they were selling for 22-23 new at some dealers with big discounts. I found a 25k mile car for 18K but it got snapped up before I could close the deal.

What are prices looking like for a sub 40k mile 17 Sport DSG in good condition with no stories? A quick check still shows some people asking 20-22k but that's asking price. Is it reasonable to try and get one around 17-18?

Of course that's reasonable. If they were selling for 23-25 brand new in 2017, they would be 16-18K now.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Those prices are very much in line with market numbers.

I thought MK7 prices would drop a lot once MK7.5 came in with better warranty but that has not happened.

MK212MX

I picked up a 17 Sport with a MT and 21K miles for $18,900. Clean Carfax, one owner, and it is a Certified Pre-Owned so I get the added 2 year or 24,000 mile warranty. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Trying to track a CPO Sport down right now, but prices seem rather high. Seeing a range of 21-24k for low-to-average mileage cars right now. Was trying to keep it around $19,000. Not sure how much these dealerships are willing to negotiate right now.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Trying to track a CPO Sport down right now, but prices seem rather high. Seeing a range of 21-24k for low-to-average mileage cars right now. Was trying to keep it around $19,000. Not sure how much these dealerships are willing to negotiate right now.

Mine was listed for $20,000 and I got them down to $18,500.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

In Vortex you said you are looking for a DSG. Did you contact this dealer https://www.vwsouthcharlotte.com/us...lf+GTI-20T+4+Door+Sport+DSG-3VW447AU9HM042415. It looks like a low mileage lease return and definitely worth negotiating.