GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'16 GTI APR Stage 1 results! 1/8th mile. Videos/Pics!!!

Badazz 2016 GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Disappointed with the results. I think The mph was ok considering the altitude, Temp and DA for today. It wasn't ideal. I was expecting at least 85mph. 60ft sucked as well.

Barona CA. 1/8th mile track.
Elevation 1700 feet above sea level
DA today was near 3,000
Temp during runs was a warm 77*F

2016 GTI PP w/ APR stage 1. 91 Octane high output tune. Everything else stock. Tires at 38PSI.

I did 4 runs. I tried playing around with leaving at idle, revving to 3,000. no matter what, wheel hop was my enemy! it was horrible.

Fastest was 9.3 @79. Hit 80 mph on another run. Slips posted along with videos. Hot lapped as well.

Sorry for the sideways pictures. Thoughts and input welcome.

YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

https://youtu.be/eDUPAsh20Zc

https://youtu.be/Jl_8YeeXGWI

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
Barona is usually notorious for bad track prep also. Slicks are basically a must on that track. I do miss going to there though.

Badazz 2016 GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The track actually seemed pretty good. This was my first time at this one so I don't know.

The dang wheel hop is what really killed me though. I had to let off the gas and get back on it. My buddy snapped his trans dogbone in half on the first launch today on his MK6 because of it.

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
Yeah, I've had buddies lose their half shafts on that track with the Cobras. I know I would always get real nasty wheel hop in second there with my Cobra. I also always ran on street tires instead of real rubber which would have helped.

Badazz 2016 GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah for sure. There wasn't too many regular cars. Kind of felt out of place but it was still fun.

I just wish the mph was higher. I figured an APR would do at least 85 mph considering how much hp they claim after a stage 1 reflash.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
It looks like you're just rolling through the water as well. Try avoiding it since you're not burning it off.

Badazz 2016 GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I forgot to mess with the air psi. There was no way avoiding the water. There was no room to drive around. The car struggled to spin the tires in the burnout area. Lol so I said screw it. Lol

krammer

Passed Driver's Ed
APR stage 1

Hi, Did you get a dyno after the APR stage 1? The reason I am asking because I had one today and got a reading of 257 hp. I thought it would be at least 300hp:mad:

What are your thoughts?

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hi, Did you get a dyno after the APR stage 1? The reason I am asking because I had one today and got a reading of 257 hp. I thought it would be at least 300hp:mad:

What are your thoughts?

I'm sorry, but I thought chassis dyno's have been talked to death on forums?

There is such a diversity when it comes to chassis dyno's and how they read HP and TQ. Depending on the type of dyno, your 257 hp could read over 300 hp on another without doing anything to your car.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You left fronts at 38 psi, no wonder. Drop those suckers to under 20 and make sure you do a clean burn, not a burnout (few seconds). Last week i hsd the same problem and dropped my time by half a second and had no wheel hop after.

krammer

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sorry, but I thought chassis dyno's have been talked to death on forums?

There is such a diversity when it comes to chassis dyno's and how they read HP and TQ. Depending on the type of dyno, your 257 hp could read over 300 hp on another without doing anything to your car.

I forgot to mention the dude didn't have the software for APR so this could have been a problem from the start.

Also is a DV recommended since I got the stage 1?

Thanks for replying!!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Keep your stock DV unless it's broken or you want sounds :D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
With my mk6 I cut consistant 1.9-2.0 60ft on stock tires and conti DWS at 22psi. The key is motor mounts, both my old mk6 and the mk7 have had all three BFI stage 2 mounts and it's literally the best mod you can do. It eliminates wheel hop all together and hardly vibrates in the cabin