GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

15 GSW Pano Seal Replacement

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
When I bought my GSW the guy I bought it from said the sunroof seal was messed up, he had tape over it and it’s never been an issue. in all the time it took to buy the car - a month or so - and going back and forth with two banks… I had completely forgot about him saying that. Well 3 years later that piece I took that piece of tape that was there started peeling and I find essentially 3” of the seal gone. I’m completely kicking myself in the ass over it. I would not have bought the car. But I did. The car is well over half way paid off so I don’t intend to sell it. What kind of money am I looking at to replace the pano seals? There’s no way in hell I’m doing it myself.

Attachments

• 5F04E22A-6730-4051-8BC1-B5FBC0F68E31.jpeg
    5F04E22A-6730-4051-8BC1-B5FBC0F68E31.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Why are you kicking yourself? He told you the seal was messed up. The fact its been fine for 3 years is amazing, I would be happy

For forgetting about it in the first place. I likely wouldn’t have bought it or at least would have made him fix it and even split the cost. But shockingly it doesn’t leak. The only time my roof has ever leaked was when the spider traps were clogged