GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

15” kosei k1 on 19 golf tsi ?

Romac1314

Car(s)
2019 Golf S
I’m currently DDing a base 2019 Golf TSI S. I don’t mind the 15” wheel and wouldn’t mind a stickier tire. I’ve seen some kosei k1 in the right bolt pattern but they’re 35mm offset (iirc). Also similarly some enkei rpf1s?

Will these fit? The offset is a bit out of range comparatively, would there be rubbing? I’m assuming brake clearance isn’t something I would worry about given the base model Golf. Would appreciate any advice, is there anything else that would prevent these from fitting?

This car is never going to see a track day or big brakes or anything crazy, it’s just a clean DD, so just a set of stickier tires and maybe better looking wheels, a mild suspension upgrade would be nice at some point too but not anything crazy, just something to liven up the backroads near my house.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Stock wheels are 43 offset. Don't think 35 will be a problem depending on width.

Romac1314

Car(s)
2019 Golf S
Thank you! Tirerack has them in our bolt pattern, but not listed as fitting the golf so I’m assuming they must use a very particular range of offsets or something?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
what's the wheel width?
I've run et 17 with 15x7 (et 37 plus 20mm.spacer, with no rub with -3 degrees camber front, -2 rear,.stiff springs.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Rota is another option. I have.Rota Slipstream 15x8 5x112 which weigh 14.5 lbs

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
bought them thru ebay last year. pretty rare find but I think they can be custom ordered. they get 245/40r15 Falken mounted on them this week. They're for autox only so may not be able show pics on the car for a couple weeks.

problem with 15s is tires, if you're looking for stickier compounds it's basically NA for stock diameter (25"). There are a couple grand touring all seasons that have decent dry traction along with a couple uhp all seasons.

There are yoko uhp summer in 24" diameter 205/55r15 and maybe 2 - 3 others in that category.

Falkens above are 23" diameter, great for autocross but they look a little silly on the street. Not to mention odo and speedo distortion.

16s might be better for street performance as there are 7.5" width wheels which could support as high as 225 tires, with many more choices.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
ebay rota dealer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-212507.png
    Screenshot_20210307-212507.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 47

Corprin

Autocross Champion