GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8 fwd traction

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Wide sticky tires are the best single thing for it, followed by engine, transmission, and dog bone mounts. Want to go even further get a aftermarket stabilizer bar. Want to go even further than that? Stiffer bushings on the front lower control arms.

I'm nuts to have all of the above on my Is38 Mk7 and the thing hooks pretty damn well if you ask me.

WoNayT

Passed Driver's Ed
Wide sticky tires are the best single thing for it, followed by engine, transmission, and dog bone mounts. Want to go even further get a aftermarket stabilizer bar. Want to go even further than that? Stiffer bushings on the front lower control arms.

I'm nuts to have all of the above on my Is38 Mk7 and the thing hooks pretty damn well if you ask me.
Did the mounts make that much of a difference? I'm running IS20 with APR stage 3 on 235s and 1nd and 2nd seem useless for traction.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
With a larger the turbo, it will be easier to regulate the pedal some. With the is12, it was like an on off switch

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Did the mounts make that much of a difference? I'm running IS20 with APR stage 3 on 235s and 1nd and 2nd seem useless for traction.
Mount help with wheel hop which help with traction. Sounds like you've got decently sized tires, so a full set of stage 1 mounts should help lock down the wheels from a dig.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day we're pushing FWD cars with lots of power. You can minimize the loss of traction sure, but past a certain point it will be an inevitability.

WoNayT

Passed Driver's Ed
Mount help with wheel hop which help with traction. Sounds like you've got decently sized tires, so a full set of stage 1 mounts should help lock down the wheels from a dig.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day we're pushing FWD cars with lots of power. You can minimize the loss of traction sure, but past a certain point it will be an inevitability.
Yeah dogbone mount helped with wheel spin, can't change physics I guess!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
This. The expectation is often unrealistic w/r to traction and the physics of it.

Last edited: