GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8 fwd traction

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking to move forward with my 1.8 turbo swap but I am beginning to think traction is going to be a major limiting factor. There do not appear to be any LSD options on the market so I can go with slightly larger stickier tires but that is really it. I've heard people mention the mounts might help as well. Any feed back or information would be appreciated.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Wider, stickier tires. Stiffer suspension.

And wavetrac does make an LSD for the 1.8.
Just ordered one although they are a little on backorder. Part# for 5spd 10-309-181WK

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How do you have a dsg in the fwd Golf?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes its a 1.8 fwd audi. But there is no information on the audi forums on my car. I came hear and there and there is a ton of info on 1.8
Ah sorry, assumed VW. Carry on.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Im on APR IS20 w/DP on 235/45/17 Michelin P/S AS3+, traction isnt really an issue as long as you manipulate the pedal a bit. In the canyons, it holds up well too. Just dont cheap out on tires and practice your footwork, traction should be fine.

On a side note, how is the 1.8t DSG A3? This was something I was considering before the golf but didnt want any Audi Badge taxes unless I had quattro. Pros, Cons?

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
I got an amazing deal on it and the car has been great. Came with every option couldn't turn it down. But as u know very little tunning support. With the is12 fbo and e30 map 6 already have traction issues my left tire looks half used and the right one is toast. Open differential. Have 19 pirelli on it so going to try something else cause I really want big turbo. I would prefer a quattro but they were 10k more than I paid. Really nice car though

Attachments

• 20200222_191720.jpg
    20200222_191720.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
  • 20191217_170534.jpg
    20191217_170534.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 124

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
op, did you check wavetrac? seems like they cover the 02e dsg for fwd 2.0. Maybe it works for the 1.8 dsg as well? might be worth a call.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I sent them an email they didn't respond looks like the gti came with the same transmission so I'm thinking it should work. Both are dq250
my thot exactly but definitely worth a call to confirm going that way.
I have the 09G slushbox (zero LSD options) so definitely jealous if you can pull that off

Slick99

Ready to race!
i have A3 1.8tfsi too but with 7spd dsg running FBO with jb4 map 6, my oem 17" wheel n tires were not hooking on first gear until i got the wider tires 235/40 with 18" wheels. You are lucky you have DQ250 6spd gearbox n it share the same spec as Gti.