GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.6 TDi SE Tungsten a few pics

Hughmungus

Hi, picked mine up last Wednesday although I would have got it weeks earlier had it not sat in Emden for 5 weeks before shipping.

So far I'm loving it especially the ACC. On a 75 mile motorway trip I used the brake pedal my self 3 times although I did hover over the pedal sometimes. It's a bit strange in stop start traffic letting the car take over. I assume the brake lights come on at some point when it has to brake hard, I will have to get someone to follow me.

Here are a few pics I took today if you're interested

You might just be able to see in the third pic down the DRL goes out when the indicator is flashing.

If anyone wants the DAB logos I have a few in a zip just pm me.

Attachments

• P4201625.JPG
    P4201625.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 11,845
  • P4201599.JPG
    P4201599.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 8,496
  • P4201594.JPG
    P4201594.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 5,541
  • P4201612.JPG
    P4201612.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 4,089
  • P4201614.JPG
    P4201614.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,010
  • P4201617.JPG
    P4201617.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 3,999
  • P4201604.JPG
    P4201604.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 4,125

tom1

Ready to race!
Looks great!

I have only just ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, although wishing I had gone for silver/white now rather than deep black but oh well.

How are you finding the mpg with the 1.6? With my current 2012 Polo GTI I only get around 20-25mpg at best and with the amount of miles I do it's began to burn a big hole in my wallet, Based on mpg others are reporting I should save 50% off my fuel bill easily.

Another question if you don't mind (I'm new sorry if I'm asking a lot that's been answered on this forum) but how are you finding the electronic parking break? I still don't fully understand how it works, for example on a hill do you press the button to activate the handbrake like you would with a normal handbrake or do you simply just stop and go when ready and the car will just hold? Also if you were to just drive off with the handbrake applied I'm assuming it would automatically disengage the handbrake on its own?

*EDIT: Another thing I forgot to ask, does the tinted glass come as standard on the SE?*

Last edited:

ellie43

Fantastic pics -better than the brochure!
I've also ordered the tungsten silver in 1.4 SE
Once I've got the car I might be interested in some logos, thanks

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks really good, congrats on the beautiful ride

iPope

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great!

I have only just ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, although wishing I had gone for silver/white now rather than deep black but oh well.

How are you finding the mpg with the 1.6? With my current 2012 Polo GTI I only get around 20-25mpg at best and with the amount of miles I do it's began to burn a big hole in my wallet, Based on mpg others are reporting I should save 50% off my fuel bill easily.

Another question if you don't mind (I'm new sorry if I'm asking a lot that's been answered on this forum) but how are you finding the electronic parking break? I still don't fully understand how it works, for example on a hill do you press the button to activate the handbrake like you would with a normal handbrake or do you simply just stop and go when ready and the car will just hold? Also if you were to just drive off with the handbrake applied I'm assuming it would automatically disengage the handbrake on its own?

*EDIT: Another thing I forgot to ask, does the tinted glass come as standard on the SE?*

The car looks great, good photos.

Tom, I personally just leave the handbrake on Auto Hold. ...... and forget about it.

I have done just over 2000 miles in my car now and the MPG on a normal drive to work, or out and about is normally about 60-65. On a recent long trip I did up the M5, it was at 77mpg.

That isn't driving like a grand dad either, nor like a racer, I just find it very economical.

Hughmungus

Looks great!

Hi, Thanks for the questions. MPG is about 10% better than the MK6 I am getting about 55 back and forth to work which is 10 miles and 65 plus on motorway journeys, I’m sure I could get more if I sat at around 60 amongst the trucks.

I have the dsg so it works flawlessly. For the handbrake to work automatically at all you must have your seatbelt on and the doors closed if not you have to release it manually by pressing it downwards. In a driving situation if you come to a halt with your foot on the brake for about 2 secs a green (P) symbol comes up on the dash then release the brake pedal and it will hold, the revs come up slightly to about 1000 rpm. When you are ready to go just press the accelerator pedal and you pull away, no rolling back at all.

If you hold the brake pedal for longer than 2 secs the stop start will kick in and the engine stops and take you take your foot off the brake pedal, all electrics are still going, lights, fan motor, air con etc. until you press the accelerator pedal again and it starts and pulls away in an instance, once again no roll back. You don't have to touch either the hand brake or the auto hold switch it's all done for you.

The tints are not standard on the SE I had them done after, I wished I had opted for the factory tinted glass at order but didn't. My local tinting company in Welwyn Garden City did a pretty good job and it's guaranteed as long as you own the car, I have used them in the past and it cost me £140 as opposed to £210? from the factory so a tank full of diesel saved roughly.

The logos are available to download online however the way they are named is mad so when you go to find them via the radio they are hard to find so I spent some time re naming them to the station so they appear in alpha order.