GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4Tsi Mk7 Mods + Reviews

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No, was talking an the small gap between the location of the spare tire and the edge of the rear valance. Air must certainly go inside the bumper on highway therefore adding turbulences in the airflow right at the end.

Good to know, will have a look but at one time, I was thinking to put a dual exhaust like the R after the APR upgrade but still undecided on this.
Do you have the reference for this panel ?

That small gap, no there is nothing for it except making a part yourself..

Your car should have the right side area between the spare wheel well/ rear wheelarch & rear bumper covered over with an infill black panel. This panel you remove to fit the dual exhaust, which will make the aero worse...

Just looked in detail at my front brakes....& I suggest you do to..

VW fit one type of splash guard & I wondered why it appears so much bigger than the brake disc..that's because the brake disc is 288mm & not the 312mm size, as it appears the 140/150PS engine can have either disc size!!!:mad:

Oh well, easy swap as the calliper is the same just need to fit the bigger carrier (bracket as per GTI) & get the bigger discs. Will get the wear out of these for the time being though..

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Ah yes, you right, I do have one extra panel on this side compare to the other side.
I saw it when I've done the soundproofing of my rear fenders. I've taken out the wheel's well/wheelarch mud/rain protection.
Will have another look at it but didn't recall it cover all...

I'll see for the brakes rotor sizes but I don't remember it looked lot smaller than its protection behind it.
I'm not on the brakes yet but wouldn't say no to an upgrade^^
For cosmetic, I was thinking to find something similar to R's logo on the caliper which looks glued or clipped maybe?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Have a look at the part number on the disc "bell" basically the metal part which is between the disc surface & the wheel, it is etched on the side of it, no need to take wheel of, just look, if it ends in "T" you have 288MM disc,

I'd get better discs/pads fluid especially if you go for that nice APR discounted ecu....

ATE power discs & their low dust "ceramic" pads, & ATE blue fluid...goodridge hoses..

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
We have 272mm rear discs with EPB as factory fit so the front&rear Brembo conversion is not possible. The fronts I am looking at for lighter weight which ones did you use on the front?

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
Because I will upgrade my rims but I have a doubt if the 20 inchs rims fits

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

Thibault China

Ready to race!
I think I saw some with 20" but can't remember where. You should look on the Tires/Rims section and do some "search" on the forum I guess. (Can look also on the http//forums.vwvortex.com also maybe.
BUT 20 inch rims will be REALLY heavy and dont know mexico's roads but ride will be rough as hell I guess...

golface

Ready to race!
I've seen a couple of pics floating around here w/20" wheels, so at least some 20's fit, but I wouldn't recommend them for a DD on Mexican streets.

If your streets have lots of potholes and speed bumps I wouldn't go over 18", unless you're ok having to drive really slow over them.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
I'd get better discs/pads fluid especially if you go for that nice APR discounted ecu....
ATE power discs & their low dust "ceramic" pads, & ATE blue fluid...goodridge hoses..
Thanx for the information!
I'll have a look but it's not hurry:
-Will need AT LEAST 1 week of work to start having a usable upgrade apparently
(They will "only" copy the datas of my ECU, then will start work from there...)
-I'm not planning on doing some track/circuit or "Fast&Furious" style driving ^^
This is my daily/family and only car so just having fun at red-lights, toll-gates and highway's entries... No "need" to upgrade braking system with my use.
IF I do, it will be only for cosmetics purpose...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanx for the information!
-I'm not planning on doing some track/circuit or "Fast&Furious" style driving ^^
This is my daily/family and only car so just having fun at red-lights, toll-gates and highway's entries... No "need" to upgrade braking system with my use.
IF I do, it will be only for cosmetics purpose...

I find that the 288mm front brakes are way under powered for the car, my back brakes are way over powered & hardly used! We have the same 272mm rear brakes as the "R"!

My old car the rear discs got rusty (rears never get used much) & the fronts would have some rust, but dull colour. This car the rears are very rusty as hardly used, but the fronts are VERY shiny!! I do 2hr drives over the best drivers roads in UK & the fronts were VERY HOT...& I am very light on the brakes (sign of a good driver).

The splash shield for the fronts is bigger in diameter than the disc as there is only one shield for our cars & GTI/GTD! The GTD/GTI have the same calliper body but it is drilled to take a 57mm piston, ours is drilled to take 54mm piston. The bracket which fits between the hub & calliper is the only other difference.

So buy brackets, buy 312mm GTI discs, reuse existing calliper & pads.....easy!:cool:

vtozzo

Thibault China, where did you get your Engine Torque Arm?
I think this is an very useful feature those who runs in harsh roads, like me!
It will hold the engine in place and will be better for the DSG box.

I couldn't find it in the Neuspeed website for the 1.4L 140/150 PS.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Thibault China, where did you get your Engine Torque Arm?
I think this is an very useful feature those who runs in harsh roads, like me!
It will hold the engine in place and will be better for the DSG box.
I couldn't find it in the Neuspeed website for the 1.4L 140/150 PS.

The Kit I have is Part #22.10.92
(2014-UP AUDI A3(8V) / 2015-UP VW MK7 GTI&GOLF)
But it fit all the Golf MK7(1.4tsi/2.0tsi), also prior to 2015, as well as the Audi TT, Seat Leon and Skoda Fabia...
http://www.neuspeed.com/221092-engine-torque-arm-insert.html

(I bought mine on the chinese eBay, Taobao, which deliver only in China. Was cheaper than orderering in USA+Shipping)

Thibault China

Ready to race!
I need to do that^ mod as well.

For some reason people recommend the 034 dogbone insert more than all the others available for the mk7, I think its mainly because the 034 is aluminum.
https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

Thibault,
Did you notice any increase in noise or vibrations after the install? and did you notice any improvement in accelerator pedal response?

I saw too that many people goes for the 034 aluminium dog's done. The result is surely better but vibrations at idle must be quite huge.

With the rubber one, I think its a good option/compromise on a daily car.
The vibration increased at idle of course but it is bearable and not excessive.
(Especially with an engine like mine equipped with Stop&Start system ha ha, only have small vibrations at idle when cold and as soon as the Stop&Start system kick in, it's over ^^)
I haven't noticed noise increase at all.
The response is better but most noticeable on gear shifting (with my DSG. Not sure about manual gearbox). I'm actually start thinking in a multi-positions pedal-box to delete throttle response in more noticeable way...

I'm quite happy with this insert from Neuespeed and recommand it on DSG gearboxes especially for the smooth/quicker gear-shifting feeling.
I also think it helps decreasing torque loss between engine and wheels cause the rotation movement of the engine/gearbox on acceleration is reduced and dampered more quickly. I don't think it would be visible on a power/torque graph with a small output engine like mine 1.4tsi but the feeling is surely here...