GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yes, VW is the only manufacturer using DIT engines. And its not like all other DIT manufacturers recommend 0w20 now.

How would owning one make me better or more knowledgeable on the subject?

Owning one must feel like Avatar jumping on a flying horse when getting in a Vw...one w the universe right away.

Input that could damage their car? Hardly. Better advice than anyone who has ever recommended liquimoly or motul products.. as per data in this thread. Funny stuff.
Well you also take and accept oil advice from a dermatologist, so... call your plumber next time you break a bone or have a fever. Which subie forum are you on so I can go there and do uneducated shitposts too?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, VW is the only manufacturer using DIT engines. And its not like all other DIT manufacturers recommend 0w20 now.

Unless I'm not understanding it that sentence contradicts itself.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Unless I'm not understanding it that sentence contradicts itself.
You arent an idiot, thats why it doesnt make sense. It was aimed at a very special person.

@Handguns4heaRTs ..3 diff subaru forums, 2 vw forums, 2 honda forums, 2 bmw forums, and a ford forum. Well rounded car enthusiast w a lot of down time at work. I am also on YouTube alot but i dont have any videos of my own :eek:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You arent an idiot, thats why it doesnt make sense. It was aimed at a very special person.

@Handguns4heaRTs ..3 diff subaru forums, 2 vw forums, 2 honda forums, 2 bmw forums, and a ford forum. Well rounded car enthusiast w a lot of down time at work. I am also on YouTube alot but i dont have any videos of my own :eek:
Hmm, some would probably have other names/phrases than “well rounded car enthusiast” to call you. I have no problem with people looking at other forums, I look at a g20 bmw forum myself. But the fact that you try to give people advice what they should do with their Mk7, again, a car in which you know nothing about because you do not and have never owned one, baffles me. Just look, and stay quiet. You have nothing to add here. You’ve already been banned here once. I don’t know what these moderators are doing.

CFB_GTA

Passed Driver's Ed
@CFB_GTA .. per data in this thread Mobil and Fuchs are best.

Everything else is opinions. I wouldnt use any of the oils tested and listed in this thread. But all of them will get the job done in a daily oem specced commuter as will any other synthetic.

So perhaps youre spending too much time dwelling on this, if your car is stock and used as a daily.

So Fuchs has a marginally higher HTHS than the others. If this is the only thing that's important, you might as well go to a thicker oil. Or, you could use the expensive boutique oil and pay for a lower tbn value.

What I agree with you on is every oil is fine for 95% of gti owners. I just wanted to understand why the staunch loyalty and defensiveness for a certain brand. Those liquimoly marketing guys deserve a raise.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
But lets get back to oil and data from Bob in this thread.

Seems like Mobil ESP readily available at Walmart > Motul and LiquiMoly. So stop spending your hard earned money and stick to the regular synthetics for 20-25$/5qt. Thats not my advice, its a reflection of the data in this thread.

Funny thing is i am an “ist” just not a dermatologist.. but this isnt my advice. Being an ist requires alot of reading and research, and well, to put it bluntly, not everyone can or wants to read and research. Its easier to trust someone (like a tuner for eg) in a > position an accept that as though its factual.

Well looks like Walmart Mobil ESP > Motul and LiquiMoly. Truth hurts by Lizzo.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
So Fuchs has a marginally higher HTHS than the others. If this is the only thing that's important, you might as well go to a thicker oil. Or, you could use the expensive boutique oil and pay for a lower tbn value.

What I agree with you on is every oil is fine for 95% of gti owners. I just wanted to understand why the staunch loyalty and defensiveness for a certain brand. Those liquimoly marketing guys deserve a raise.
#idiocracy thats why.

If AmazonBasics was tested it would have beaten all the other oils in this test.

@CFB_GTA i do use a 0w40. I wouldnt use any of these inferior oils, viscosity aside.

My car isnt stock either. And i just answered your question w data from this thread. I dont endorse ANY of these oils for 3rd time. But ALL will suffice in an oem specced car.

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
#idiocracy thats why.

If AmazonBasics was tested it would have beaten all the other oils in this test.

@CFB_GTA i do use a 0w40. I wouldnt use any of these inferior oils, viscosity aside.

My car isnt stock either. And i just answered your question w data from this thread. I dont endorse ANY of these oils for 3rd time. But ALL will suffice in an oem specced car.
You don’t drive a mk7. So it’ll suffice for an oem speced Subaru, which is the car you drive. Not a mk7. But you’re still out here giving advice on the golfmk7 forum... just sit down, dude. Why do you think your uninformed opinion is so important that you have to participate on a forum for a car you don’t have? Just stay silent in the background, geez.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You don’t drive a mk7. So it’ll suffice for an oem speced Subaru, which is the car you drive. Not a mk7. But you’re still out here giving advice on the golfmk7 forum... just sit down, dude. Why do you think your uninformed opinion is so important that you have to participate on a forum for a car you don’t have? Just stay silent in the background, geez.

His car is not OEM specced. It does show VW in his profile so he must have had one at some point.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
@Handguns4heaRTs .. you must have missed all the colorful graphs in the OP where a Walmart bought regular synthetic came in no. 2

Perhaps you should read what you are posting about regardless of what car you drive.

Or are you butt hurt cuz Motul or LiquiMoly are more expensive and worse than Walmart synthetics? What seems to be your issue? Do you have a condition we arent aware of? You can message me again if you need someone to talk to. I like handguns too.. i forgot to tell you, i am also on 4 firearms’ forums and one airgun forum.

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
@Handguns4heaRTs .. you must have missed all the colorful graphs in the OP where a Walmart bought regular synthetic came in no. 2

Perhaps you should read what you are posting about regardless of what car you drive.

Or are you butt hurt cuz Motul or LiquiMoly are more expensive and worse than Walmart synthetics? What seems to be your issue? Do you have a condition we arent aware of? You can message me again if you need someone to talk to.
You’ve never replied to my messages. You have 2 unanswered ones from last time. Same questions I’m asking you on here. You just dodge. Check your messages

Last edited:

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
Hmm, some would probably have other names/phrases than “well rounded car enthusiast” to call you. I have no problem with people looking at other forums, I look at a g20 bmw forum myself. But the fact that you try to give people advice what they should do with their Mk7, again, a car in which you know nothing about because you do not and have never owned one, baffles me. Just look, and stay quiet. You have nothing to add here. You’ve already been banned here once. I don’t know what these moderators are doing.
His presence might be baffling, but ownership of the car doesn’t make you any more knowledgeable about oil than anyone else (because he’s right - there is nothing exotic or especially different regarding spec or service interval of this DI engine or others, FI or not). This is a garbage post to blast someone. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
But lets get back to oil and data from Bob in this thread.

Seems like Mobil ESP readily available at Walmart > Motul and LiquiMoly. So stop spending your hard earned money and stick to the regular synthetics for 20-25$/5qt. Thats not my advice, its a reflection of the data in this thread.

Funny thing is i am an “ist” just not a dermatologist.. but this isnt my advice. Being an ist requires alot of reading and research, and well, to put it bluntly, not everyone can or wants to read and research. Its easier to trust someone (like a tuner for eg) in a > position an accept that as though its factual.

Well looks like Walmart Mobil ESP > Motul and LiquiMoly. Truth hurts by Lizzo.
Expensive oils are good at only being expensive.