GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
His presence might be baffling, but ownership of the car doesn’t make you any more knowledgeable about oil than anyone else (because he’s right - there is nothing exotic or especially different regarding spec or service interval of this DI engine or others, FI or not). This is a garbage post to blast someone. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.
you’re not wrong. It’s not about the oil, just want people to know that before they take someone’s advice regarding a specific application of a product or principle, that that person(him) doesn’t even have or know anything about the car which they are providing advice about.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
you’re not wrong. It’s not about the oil, just want people to know that before they take someone’s advice regarding a specific application of a product or principle, that that person(him) doesn’t even have or know anything about the car which they are providing advice about.

Yes, but, by that logic, we can say a master engine builder isn’t qualified to work on a VW, because he or she builds high end Honda engines, or Nissan engines, etc.

Reactions: kak

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
x10

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Nonegiven you said Fuchs would be your preference...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
There were changes to the oil pump and a few other things to run the thinner oil in the 2019s. For those, I'd run the two that I recommended early in the thread.

Source of this info? And what are the "few other things"? Sorry but not buying this theory/rumor at all. I believe the difference is the sticker under the hood, period. I could be wrong.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Source of this info? And what are the "few other things"? Sorry but not buying this theory/rumor at all. I believe the difference is the sticker under the hood, period. I could be wrong.
Oil pump is redesigned and has more teeth.