GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 front sway bar issue

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Has anyone else had an issue where their 034 front sway bar makes contact with their CV shafts?

I had the endlinks swapped to the softer(outer) positions and adjustable links lengthened and I believe the issue is now gone, but wish I could swap back to firm to match the rear.

Is it possible the bar is installed upside down(would it even fit)?

TIA!

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
You make me worried, I have my 034 FSB awaiting install next week. Have you solved this yet?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I responded to their inquiry of the list of mods, what model car it was installed on and pics. Waiting for a response.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
This is the response I received:
Thank you for providing us with this information. Is there a way for you to rotate your Koni shock so the end link doesn't hit your axle. The reason why we are saying this is because this is the first time we have seen this issue. So by adjusting the position of your shock may solve your issue.
It's possibly the Koni struts changing the position of the endlink and are causing the interference. I'm honestly not sure how much room I have to play as far as rotating the strut in the knuckle, so I'll probably be picking up another bar for the front or front and rear. :/

While comparing images from the internet, it appears H&R has more of a bend at the ends, allowing more room for the CV shaft.

All I know is that I do not want to go back to stock, even on the loose setting, the car is SO MUCH flatter in turns and fun to drive.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
A photo would bu useful.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
The install is correct. Except that the driver side strut does not look fully seated. With adjustable links I don't think this is causing any issue.

Does it make contact on both sides?
Yes, both sides.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
With the correct link lengths, this should not be an issue. Make them longer if it still makes contact in the stiff position.
With the links lengthened and in the soft position, there is still contact, but only on large/harsh road imperfections.

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
If you have your stock bar handy, you can compare to these measurements I just took of my 034 front bar. Using a string through the endlink mount holes, I measured to the centerline of where the bushing sits. 7 1/4 inch on the stiff hole, 8 5/8 on the softer hole.
PXL_20210829_233109618.jpg
PXL_20210829_233133810.jpg
PXL_20210829_233240091.jpg
PXL_20210829_232858687.jpg

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
If you have your stock bar handy, you can compare to these measurements I just took of my 034 front bar. Using a string through the endlink mount holes, I measured to the centerline of where the bushing sits. 7 1/4 inch on the stiff hole, 8 5/8 on the softer hole.
Fortunately I kept it, give me a day or two.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
hard to say about wagon, pretty much everything is interchangeable, except for spindle and strut diameter.

Koni bracket could be different than others. I believe it's different than oem.