GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0% APR and no payments 6 months

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
GM says he will get another R if anyone else is a serious buyer..... : )

Preferably someone not as good at negotiating as Bryan though.....

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Well... I just spoke with the insurance company and the damage to my 2016 Golf R is right at $22,500 as of now. That does not include any additional shit they may find, the rental car since January 22nd and my diminished value claim to come after. The car MAY(90% sure) be getting totaled out and I will be looking to purchase a new Golf R.

If I find a lower mileage R with the same options I may just take that but I will more than likely go the route of purchasing a new one because of the 0% and no payments. I will keep yall posted as I learn more about my situation.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well... I just spoke with the insurance company and the damage to my 2016 Golf R is right at $22,500 as of now. That does not include any additional shit they may find, the rental car since January 22nd and my diminished value claim to come after. The car MAY(90% sure) be getting totaled out and I will be looking to purchase a new Golf R.

If I find a lower mileage R with the same options I may just take that but I will more than likely go the route of purchasing a new one because of the 0% and no payments. I will keep yall posted as I learn more about my situation.

Let us know where it gets junked and if there's engine damage.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Let us know where it gets junked and if there's engine damage.

I will definitely will. The engine had no damage at all, its 100% structural and bodywork. The shop told me for them to weld back on the A-Pillar they have to remove the front seats, take out the dash, weld it and put it all back together. That alone freaks me out, lol.

I will get to remove my intake, downpipe, etc. I believe all MK7 parts transfer to MK7.5 so that's nice(correct me if I am wrong anyone)

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I am picking up another R tomorrow morning...…. White DCC/NAV 6speed, I don't have the sticker but think it has split spokes and bumperdillo, post pics asap

If anyone is interested let me know...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I am picking up another R tomorrow morning...…. White DCC/NAV 6speed, I don't have the sticker but think it has split spokes and bumperdillo, post pics asap

Stop getting in new R's. You're killing me, man. Killing me. Must resist.

Bryan19R

Sorry

Seriously guys and gals if you were on the fence on getting an R there is never gonna be a better time or deal on these!

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Sorry

Seriously guys and gals if you were on the fence on getting an R there is never gonna be a better time or deal on these!

And again, just being straight with you guys, I dont think its gonna last.....

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I have the R here now, already has interest..... It has the stock rims, and bumperdillo… Clean (obviously), has 80 miles, as new.... I will try to post pics but someone coming in at 4p. :alien:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
80 miles? Wouldn't bother me, but there are some on these forums who think anything over about 5 miles is a "used car" that must have been tragically abused already.

After watching this review of a "new" Audi S4 yesterday, I fear they may have a point. Skip forward to his test runs starting at 12:50. Oh my..

shook978

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry

I probably agree with you if there wasn't this thing called COVID19 going around to create uncertainty with people's jobs, 401k, property value and quality of life overall.

I'm going to the dealer on Monday to check one out.. bringing my GTI along for an appraisal if I get slammed on it I'll probably just take out a second car note on the R.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I probably agree with you if there wasn't this thing called COVID19 going around to create uncertainty with people's jobs, 401k, property value and quality of life overall.

I'm going to the dealer on Monday to check one out.. bringing my GTI along for an appraisal if I get slammed on it I'll probably just take out a second car note on the R.

Keep 6' away from the salesman. I would have said salesperson but I don't give a damn about political correctness.