GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0% APR and no payments 6 months

lightspeed

Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG OWP
Yesterday, I traded in my 2019 BMW 330i xDrive to get back into an R because of this deal (previously owned an '08 R32 DBP and '16 DSG R LB). 0% for 72 and no payments for 6 months was too good to pass up, so I went out (Cleveland area) and picked up a Stormtrooper. Totally worth the potential 'rona from sitting in the dealership for two hours.
R 3.jpgR 1.jpgR 2.jpg

jits

Yesterday, I traded in my 2019 BMW 330i xDrive to get back into an R because of this deal (previously owned an '08 R32 DBP and '16 DSG R LB). 0% for 72 and no payments for 6 months was too good to pass up, so I went out (Cleveland area) and picked up a Stormtrooper. Totally worth the potential 'rona from sitting in the dealership for two hours.
View attachment 168281View attachment 168279View attachment 168280

Congrats! Awesome you took advantage of the great deal.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Nice, lighspeed. Congrats. Enjoy your new car.

I checked vw.com too..my area only offers the 0% 72months as well. No 6months no payment deal. Oh well, probably not my time to add another Golf-R.
It is not being advertised, but it IS available.....

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
It is not being advertised, but it IS available.....

Really.. thanks! I'll think this over a bit and check with my dealer before the gray one is sold. I've been thinking about getting a DSG Golf-R to accompany my MT Golf-R.. what's stopping me is if I'm going to consider an AT car, I might as well get the new Supra since I already have a Golf-R. Then I'm thinking if Supra, then might as well get a TT-RS.. then it's like if TT-RS, why not just get a new Cayman-GTS. My head is spinning. I was supposed to buy a Cayman this Summer given I sold one of my properties. That doesn't look like it's going to happen this year so I was thinking going back to my original plan which was to get a DSG Golf-R next to my MT Golf-R and Golf everyday again..

But another car is completely not essential right now so I may just wait this out.. don't know.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
The white one I posted in this thread is sill here in Jacksonville....

I will deal on this car, message me if you have interest.....

And I have had Cayman/Boxster/911.... Cayman was my fav, VERY fun car

Last edited:

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Glad to see all these deals, this reminds me when I got my previous GTI during dieselgate... they just unloaded it on me for NOTHING and 0% too.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

If I hadn't sold my PP brakes, I would demod and swap for the R. But don't want to lose my brembos. Plus, my wife might kick me.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

Yeah, my buddies have Caymans and they let drive them quite a few times. They are fantastic drivers cars for sure. I've also driven a few 911's and while they are very nice, I too preferred the smaller, nimble feeling Cayman. Honestly even the base Cayman I drove was a fun drive and should satisfy my RWD needs. However, the Supra is a wicked looking machine and I like the shape more so than the Cayman.

Anyway, back to the Golfs.. what I hated the most about my MK7 DSG Autobahn GTI was front wheel spin.. Golf-R can easily fix that.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Glad to see all these deals, this reminds me when I got my previous GTI during dieselgate... they just unloaded it on me for NOTHING and 0% too.

Same here, that is when I bought my GTI..... nothing better than a great deal on a great car.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
However, the Supra is a wicked looking machine and I like the shape more so than the Cayman.

Anyway, back to the Golfs.. what I hated the most about my MK7 DSG Autobahn GTI was front wheel spin.. Golf-R can easily fix that.
I would buy the BMW version if the money were the same, but thats me...whats your opinion on that?

I do suffer from some wheelspin, but my tires are coming due....

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I would buy the BMW version if the money were the same, but thats me...whats your opinion on that?

I do suffer from some wheelspin, but my tires are coming due....

I'm more in tune with the Supra's shape.. I don't know how much the Bimmer version costs, but if I am spending $70K+ range, no question I would definitely get a Cayman with the MT gearbox. I want something that looks out of the ordinary (since I already have ordinary cars) and the new Supra is definitely uniquely shaped. I only struggle that it only comes with AT, but if it's a garage queen where I only take the car out a few times during the season, I guess who cares.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I'm more in tune with the Supra's shape.. I don't know how much the Bimmer version costs, but if I am spending $70K+ range, no question I would definitely get a Cayman with the MT gearbox. I want something that looks out of the ordinary (since I already have ordinary cars) and the new Supra is definitely uniquely shaped. I only struggle that it only comes with AT, but if it's a garage queen where I only take the car out a few times during the season, I guess who cares.
Cool, I have not driven the Supra/Z4, but I have had Z3/Z4's in the past and they are solid roadsters, I would think the new one is going to be pretty good, BUT, if you are inclined to go with a Cayman, I would def steer you in that direction, I have had all kinds of cars and that tops a VERY long list.

Also, I bought my Cayman (as I do most of my cars) a year old with 3500 miles. It had 8k in exclusive options, makassar wood trim, painted gauge faces etc..., so I go at 74k sticker for 52k, I would recommend that path to anyone interested in a Pcar, all of the Boxsters and 911 were older and I paid cash for them, they are just as fun..... people never know how new or old they are...

I drove a GTS PDK Cayman a couple months ago, first time in the four banger, it was dope, I drove a year old 911 immediately after, it was a manual which was cool and starting to become pretty rare, but still strongly preferred the Cayman.