GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
When do you all expect to release this new design?
We are hoping to showcase our new forged projects before the end of this year. However, we won't have any VW-specific content to share initially, as we will be focusing on our larger markets at launch. That said, I am pushing to get VW/Audi forged wheels before next year's track season kicks off.

-Geirsen

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Perhaps, but likely not any time soon. For our first VW/Audi forged wheels, we are focusing on an all-new design that is yet to be officially revealed. The EC-7R isn't completely out of the question but it really depends on how well forged wheels sell in this segment for us to justify bringing on multiple designs in the same fitments.

-Geirsen

What about an "unofficial" reveal? ;) The SM-10 is my least favorite of the four Apex designs, but if the others are any indication I'm intrigued by what you guys are working on.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
What about an "unofficial" reveal? ;) The SM-10 is my least favorite of the four Apex designs, but if the others are any indication I'm intrigued by what you guys are working on.

Hopefully it's gonna be the FL-5 18x8.5 ET35 in VW/Audi pattern, same price as SM-10s. Is that to much to ask for the Holidays coming! Lol. 🤗👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-225731.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-225731.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

If you are a fan of some of our classic designs, such as the ARC-8 and EC-7, then you will definitely appreciate the new forged design we are working on. All I can say for now is that the new design does a great job balancing a sleek classic look with a modern twist.

Hopefully it's gonna be the FL-5 18x8.5 ET35 in VW/Audi pattern, same price as SM-10s. Is that to much to ask for the Holidays coming! Lol. 🤗👍

No dice, unfortunately. The new design will be forged only and will be completely unique to any of our current forged/flow formed offerings.

-Geirsen

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Is the Cayman on Apex also?
It is! In fact, there were a BUNCH of cars at this PCA event that were running Apex.
Mmm two door. Lookin good

Thank man. I had a 4 door tornado red '15 but realized that a 2 door GTI was what my heart wanted. My kids are only in it like 2-3 times a month. They can deal with it.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Anyone got pics of a 255 35 R18 tire on either the 8.5 or 9” wide wheel? I’m pretty sure that’s the tire size I want to go with, but I can’t decide what wheel width I want. I saw one Alltrack with a PSS 255/35/18 on the 8.5” wheels but it was only a couple photos. I’d rather the larger wheel just in case but I’m worried the 9” wheel might have some poke. Pics would be great! Thanks!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
For those of you itching for a set of forged wheels, I've got some great news! Today, we have officially launched our fully-forged "Sprint" line. The Sprint line prioritizes weight first and foremost and includes our all-new VS-5RS design, as well as our redesigned and re-engineered EC-7RS. While VW fitments will not be available at launch, we are working to bring them on as soon as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to check out the following page on our website to learn all about our new forged wheels: APEX Sprint Line Forged Wheels

Enjoy!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
That 5RS is incredible. I’m sure it wouldn’t have any concavity for our figments, but I’d still rock it.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
That 5RS is incredible. I’m sure it wouldn’t have any concavity for our figments, but I’d still rock it.
While our VW 17/18x8.5" ET43 and 17/18x9" ET42 fitments won't have quite the same concavity as some of the wider fitments pictured on the launch page, the VS-5RS does scale down in size quite well while still maintaining a decent bit of depth. This is the reason for going with the VS-5RS design for forged VW wheels initially, as the EC-7RS doesn't look quite as aggressive in those slimmer VW-spec fitments.

-Geirsen

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
For those of you itching for a set of forged wheels, I've got some great news! Today, we have officially launched our fully-forged "Sprint" line. The Sprint line prioritizes weight first and foremost and includes our all-new VS-5RS design, as well as our redesigned and re-engineered EC-7RS. While VW fitments will not be available at launch, we are working to bring them on as soon as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to check out the following page on our website to learn all about our new forged wheels: APEX Sprint Line Forged Wheels

Enjoy!

-Geirsen
Any projected group buy for this line on release, or expected to be full price only?