GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I suppose it is the "45" but that is a beefy looking 235! lol.
Looks perfect.
It is definitely a meatier tire fitment than I expected with all-seasons. I believe part of it is the 45 aspect ratio but these new Michelin AS4 tires fit very similarly to the PS4S, which are known to be a bit chunky in the shoulder.

-Geirsen

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I’m running 255-40-17 Nitto NT0’s on Neuspeed RSE16’s 17x8.5 et 45
-2.5 F/-2 R Camber
I’m also at stockish ride height. No rub at the front. Very slight rub on the fuel filler guard.

Not sure how a 9” wheel will impact the tread width. Anticipating that it will reduce the tire bulge and square up the tire profile.

A 265 section width tire will be a challenge on the rear for a GTi.
Similar here, I have 255/40R17 GMax RS on RSe16s. Stock ride height, no rub anywhere. There is about 2mm of clearance from the fuel filler neck.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
It is definitely a meatier tire fitment than I expected with all-seasons. I believe part of it is the 45 aspect ratio but these new Michelin AS4 tires fit very similarly to the PS4S, which are known to be a bit chunky in the shoulder.

-Geirsen
I was surprised too, and LOVED the fitment in person as well. It should look great lowered or not.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
That’s 235/45/17 on 17x8.5 yea? Nice daily setup for sure
Sort of amusing that PS4S are more expensive in this size than 18's. I like the look of 17's, but am inclined to just stick to 18's. For a street tire, availability of 17's is getting much lower compared to 18's, with many street performance tires not even being offered in 17 or below anymore. I realize that for track tires this isn't as frequent, but still a consideration as most cars continue to get bigger and heavier and rely on larger wheels. If I were doing pure track wheels, I would probably reverse all of what I said.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Sort of amusing that PS4S are more expensive in this size than 18's. I like the look of 17's, but am inclined to just stick to 18's. For a street tire, availability of 17's is getting much lower compared to 18's, with many street performance tires not even being offered in 17 or below anymore. I realize that for track tires this isn't as frequent, but still a consideration as most cars continue to get bigger and heavier and rely on larger wheels. If I were doing pure track wheels, I would probably reverse all of what I said.
You make a fair point regarding 17" tire pricing and availability. Demand for 17" tires is slowing down as OEM wheels continue to get bigger with every new generation. However, for daily use the increased ride comfort/compliance, as well as the extra protection you get with a 17" tire is typically worth it for those living in areas with poor road conditions. The reduced unsprung weight compared to 18"s is also a nice bonus.

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You make a fair point regarding 17" tire pricing and availability. Demand for 17" tires is slowing down as OEM wheels continue to get bigger with every new generation. However, for daily use the increased ride comfort/compliance, as well as the extra protection you get with a 17" tire is typically worth it for those living in areas with poor road conditions. The reduced unsprung weight compared to 18"s is also a nice bonus.

-Geirsen
I agree. I spent 14 years in a car with 17x9 wheels. I just don't mind the ride of the GTI on 18's so for a daily, I'm more likely to just do the 18x8.5 with 235/40/18 PS4 for a smidge more sidewall.

Either way, you win. Thanks for the new shots, A few days ago I'd have said I'd do 17x8.5 in bronze, but now I'm leaning 18x8.5 in anthracite. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Attention all Golf R owners local to the Bay Area!

We originally had a Golf R photoshoot lined up to test the new 17x8.5" ET43 Bronze samples, as well as the 17x9" ET42 Anthracite samples. However, some things fell through and we are now in search of another car to help with photoshoots and fitment testing. We need to get these shots done ASAP before the launch and there is also an incentive for anyone willing to help out with photoshoots/fitment testing. If you are interested in helping us out, please send us a PM!

Thanks all!

-Geirsen

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Attention all Golf R owners local to the Bay Area!

We originally had a Golf R photoshoot lined up to test the new 17x8.5" ET43 Bronze samples, as well as the 17x9" ET42 Anthracite samples. However, some things fell through and we are now in search of another car to help with photoshoots and fitment testing. We need to get these shots done ASAP before the launch and there is also an incentive for anyone willing to help out with photoshoots/fitment testing. If you are interested in helping us out, please send us a PM!

Thanks all!

-Geirsen

I've asked my brother, who is local and has a '19 R. His car is fully stock though.

Nvm he said no. :(