Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
How are the bronze pics coming?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
The Bronze samples are getting weighed and tires mounted tomorrow. The first photoshoot is planned for the end of this week, so I should be able to start trickling out new content sometime mid-late next week.

-Geirsen
Wanna sneak a picture before they're mounted or even ready for the photoshoot?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I believe it is on lowering springs. However, @Hammersticks can confirm the exact setup as he is the owner of the white GTI.

-Geirsen
I follow his build thread. He is on 034 Motorsports springs with Koni Yellow shocks/struts.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I follow his build thread. He is on 034 Motorsports springs with Koni Yellow shocks/struts.
Thanks! Yes!
Yeah. I'm really not wanting to lower my car so trying to figure out which would look better without lowering. Seems like the 17" in a 244/40/17 is 0.1" smaller than the stock wheel diameter.
Looks-wise I'd get a 235/45/17 or 245/45/17 depending on the tire. You'll want a taller sidewall to make the wheel gap appear smaller, even if the overall diameter is about the same.

Getting more glamour shots on Friday. Assuming with one of those sizes.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Yes!

Looks-wise I'd get a 235/45/17 or 245/45/17 depending on the tire. You'll want a taller sidewall to make the wheel gap appear smaller, even if the overall diameter is about the same.

Oops! I meant to type out 255/40/17, not 244.

Looking forward to it! Been wanting Apex wheels forever after making the mistake of not getting them on the Mustang I had.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Thanks! Yes!

The Bronze 17x8.5" ET43 samples are wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin AS4's and they are MEATY. The new AS4 has a chunky shoulder almost as aggressive as the PS4S, so that should help with the overall aesthetics of the fitment.

I think the 235/45-17 will be the sweet spot for these wheels. A 245/45-17 is a bit tall and will likely rub under suspension compression on most cars. A 245/40-17 would likely be a better option in that width.

-Geirsen

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Following! Sorry if I missed it, but what's the projected weight of the flow formed and forged 17x8/8.5 options?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Following! Sorry if I missed it, but what's the projected weight of the flow formed and forged 17x8/8.5 options?

Wheel weights and other official details (pricing, etc) will be posted when we make our official release announcement for these wheels. That should be within the next 2-3 weeks at the latest.

-Geirsen