GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

ExtraChrispy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Hmm...

Anthracite looking pretty damn good there. I don’t think you can go wrong with either though. Tough choice.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes

I stand by my statement. The silver wheels don't stand out in the right way. Now if you want a sleeper look, then by all means go with the silver.

Colored wheels act like an accent to the WSM paint. When looking at the first picture, your eyes will probably tend to focus on the wheels first. But when looking at the second picture, your eyes will probably tend to focus on the body first.

It's a perspective thing and it's the contrast between the colors that does it.

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Yes! We have our last sample set of 17x8.5" ET43 wheels in Satin Bronze showing up within the next few days. Those will be wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin AS4+ tires for a more street-focused fitment, as we plan to do some photoshoots on a couple of All-Tracks and Sportwagens. We should be able to have content to share within the next couple of weeks.

-Geirsen
Anxiously awaiting this pic, more the wheel size than color I'm sold on the anthracite for a black R 😁

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Quick update time!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up as we are getting closer to the official launch for these wheels. Unfortunately, the last set of sample wheels (Bronze 17x8.5" ET43) was a bit delayed coming in, so we won't be getting our hands on those until early next week. However, once we get tires mounted we plan to finish up the remainder of photoshoots and fitment tests ASAP so all of that fresh content will be available just before the first Group Buy. Due to this, we will be releasing all of the official details (pricing, weights, etc) at the time the first Group Buy goes live. As for the Group Buy itself, we are still aiming for a mid-March launch, so no delays there.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I will try to keep you guys updated as best as I can leading into the upcoming launch.

-Geirsen

Spoolin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
We do not have any plans to include Race Silver for the initial launch of these wheels. However, it could potentially be an option that we offer later in the year depending on demand. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises at this time.

-Geirsen
Been looking forward to these wheels for my R. +1 for silver.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Geirsen - Any chance you have a PDF fitment template file of the SM-10 17x9's? I run a Renault Megane caliper on my GTI and it is a bit wider than the Macan, StopTechs, and TTRS brake swaps.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Geirsen - Any chance you have a PDF fitment template file of the SM-10 17x9's? I run a Renault Megane caliper on my GTI and it is a bit wider than the Macan, StopTechs, and TTRS brake swaps.
While I am unable to share our design template files for these wheels, I would be more than happy to confirm clearance if you happen to have a template for that particular brake kit. Over the past few weeks, we have had quite a few BBK-equipped MK7 Golf owners reach out with brake templates to confirm clearances with these new wheels, and we have been adding this info to our database for other enthusiasts to utilize moving forward.

Feel free to shoot me an email at Geirsen@apexraceparts.com with the template and specs and I will try to get you an answer ASAP.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Having a hard time with wanting the 17" vs 18". Any pictures of a car on stock ride height with the wheels by chance?
At this time, we have only shot two GTI's equipped with lower-than-stock suspension. However, one of the cars we have shot isn't lowered too much, so maybe these two pictures can give you a better idea as to the fitment difference between 17" and 18" diameters:

17x9" ET42 in Anthracite:

18x8.5" ET43 in Satin Black:

Hope this helps!

-Geirsen