GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

scrllock

Autocross Champion
We have yet to test the 8-pot 370mm TTRS brakes with the 18x9" ET42, so we cannot confirm if they will be able to clear without spacers. However, if you happen to have a .PDF brake template for that specific caliper/rotor, feel free to send it over in a PM and I can check the clearances with our engineering team.
How about the 4-pot Mk2 TTRS brakes? Any plans to find local 8J/8S/8V owners to test out the larger audi brake setups?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Also I should say, no suprises - APR 350mm BBK fits with plenty of room on those SM-10 18x8.5s.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
How about the 4-pot Mk2 TTRS brakes? Any plans to find local 8J/8S/8V owners to test out the larger audi brake setups?
To follow back on the 8-pot kit, we have confirmed fitment with the 18x9" ET42 to clear the factory 8-pot 370mm TTRS brakes without any need for spacers. With that said, the 4-pot MK2 TTRS brakes should be able to clear the 18x9" ET42 just fine, as well.

-Geirsen

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Great photos!

Did you have any problems with the tires rubbing? Your car appears to be lowered?
Any issues with tire clearance on the right rear, with the petrol fill tube?
Thank you!

At front the car have a 10mm spacers. They are necessary to clear the suspension in my case (kw clubsport). The car is lowered and used almostly on tracky. So, at track I had some rubbing, and had to do a little work on the front fenders. Something easy to do. One point to notice is that the 250/650 yokohama slick tires are comparable to a 265 radial tire in size, what have huge influence on rubbing.
Had no problem with petrol fill tube at rear, that are running without spacers.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Thank you for that information. I have Ohlins suspension and I can run 255-35-18 front and rear. It’s tight but no rubbing. The right rear is very tight. Slicks tend to run wider than radial tires. Other than the front clearance for the suspension. Do you think the rubbing in the front was because of the lower ride height?

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Thank you for that information. I have Ohlins suspension and I can run 255-35-18 front and rear. It’s tight but no rubbing. The right rear is very tight. Slicks tend to run wider than radial tires. Other than the front clearance for the suspension. Do you think the rubbing in the front was because of the lower ride height?
Probably lower ride and 250 slick tire

dscsk8er55

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I went through a decent amount of this thread but didn't find the answer I was looking for. I am ordering a set of these wheels this weekend but having a hard time deciding between 17 or 18 size. I would prefer the 17 but unsure it if will fit my VWR 360mm BBK (link). Since I just picked up the car a couple months ago and was unsure of the brake kit it had installed till today when I popped off the wheel to measure rotors and find part numbers. Looked for a template but didn't find anything on the web except the new versions of VWR's BBK 😥

Anyone running the 17's with this older VWR 360mm BBK?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I went through a decent amount of this thread but didn't find the answer I was looking for. I am ordering a set of these wheels this weekend but having a hard time deciding between 17 or 18 size. I would prefer the 17 but unsure it if will fit my VWR 360mm BBK (link). Since I just picked up the car a couple months ago and was unsure of the brake kit it had installed till today when I popped off the wheel to measure rotors and find part numbers. Looked for a template but didn't find anything on the web except the new versions of VWR's BBK 😥

Anyone running the 17's with this older VWR 360mm BBK?

Did you reach out to Apex? They have measured for a lot of brakes

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey all,

If you have not already picked up a set of SM-10s for your VW/Audi, now is the time to do so! We just launched our second official VW/Audi SM-10 Group Buy, which includes all four of our 17" and 18" MQB specific fitments. With discounts up to $300 off plus free shipping, we anticipate this deal to gain traction fast!

You can check out the details and pledge to our 2022 SM-10 Group Buy via the following link:

APEX 2022 VW/Audi SM-10 Group Buy

If anyone has any fitment/technical questions, or general inquires about how the Gangup process works, please do not hesitate to reach out.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Any glimpse of the forged design? I may have to take you up on this deal though.
Nothing I can share just yet, as our engineering team is still finalizing a few changes to ensure we are able to clear all of the important aftermarket BBKs that the SM-10s clear. I will be sure to update the community regarding forged VW wheels as soon as I am able to!

-Geirsen

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Black stud conversion kit just showed up! Stoked.