Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
A 360mm rotor is a bit large for a 17" barrel but there is a chance it can fit. Feel free to PM me a .PDF brake template and I can run it by our engineering team to confirm clearance.

-Geirsen

Hey Geirsen, I hadn't been sure how often the forum was checked so I'd sent an email to you guys with the template, you already got back to me. I'll update the thread here once we get the answer so others have the info.
Thank you!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Don't hold your breath for free shipping. A lot of shipping carriers (UPS in our case) have increased their rates significantly over the last 6 months. While we won't be offering free shipping for our holiday promotions this year, we have made an effort to keep our customer-facing shipping rates the same as to not push the cost increase on to our customers.

With that said, our VW Fall sale will be starting on Monday the 18th and we will be sending out our promotional email highlighting all of the details first thing that morning.

Stay tuned!

While a 245/40-18 isn't necessarily one of our main tire size recommendations for the MK7 (due to its taller-than-OEM overall rolling diameter), I have seen a few people run it without any issues. Typically, a fender screw mod is required (depending on ride height and specific tire selection) to alleviate any rubbing that might occur under suspension compression.

-Geirsen
Would a 245/35/R18 be better than the 245/40/R18? Or would a 255 in 40/35 be a better fit? On stock suspension now, but I’d like to lower it about .75-1” at a later date.
Thanks!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Would a 245/35/R18 be better than the 245/40/R18? Or would a 255 in 40/35 be a better fit? On stock suspension now, but I’d like to lower it about .75-1” at a later date.
Thanks!
Either tire size can work and there are pros/cons for each. The 245/40-18 will be slightly taller and will have a higher chance of rubbing under suspension compression with certain suspension setups but will offer more wheel protection and better ride comfort/compliance. The 245/35-18 will be closer to OE rolling diameters and will be an easier fit with less chance of rubbing but will provide a slightly stiffer ride.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Any chance we might see an EC-7 or 7R in our fitment?
Perhaps, but likely not any time soon. For our first VW/Audi forged wheels, we are focusing on an all-new design that is yet to be officially revealed. The EC-7R isn't completely out of the question but it really depends on how well forged wheels sell in this segment for us to justify bringing on multiple designs in the same fitments.

-Geirsen

LordGrenfell

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI Rabbit
Perhaps, but likely not any time soon. For our first VW/Audi forged wheels, we are focusing on an all-new design that is yet to be officially revealed. The EC-7R isn't completely out of the question but it really depends on how well forged wheels sell in this segment for us to justify bringing on multiple designs in the same fitments.

-Geirsen
When do you all expect to release this new design?