► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Looking for an SUV to tow the race car

Coming soon - Mercedes ML320 fitment Apex SM10

Ya'll are killing me here. :ROFLMAO:

Some of my colleagues and I have been trying to find some unique used cars for sale for under 10k, hence the Merc listing. With this current market, you really have to think outside of the box to find something that isn't a total POS at the 10k mark. Thankfully I have a Tacoma for towing duty, so a diesel ML is not in my future.

How about we get Apex fitment for trailer wheels?

You're definitely not the first person to bring this up! I have been wanting wheels for my boat trailer ever since I started with APEX!

-Geirsen

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Think I’ve decided on the 18x8.5 Anthracite SM-10 with a 245/40R18. Just waiting for a sale notification and maybe some free shipping.

Don't hold your breath for free shipping. A lot of shipping carriers (UPS in our case) have increased their rates significantly over the last 6 months. While we won't be offering free shipping for our holiday promotions this year, we have made an effort to keep our customer-facing shipping rates the same as to not push the cost increase on to our customers.

With that said, our VW Fall sale will be starting on Monday the 18th and we will be sending out our promotional email highlighting all of the details first thing that morning.

Stay tuned!

will 245/40r18 (25.7") work?

While a 245/40-18 isn't necessarily one of our main tire size recommendations for the MK7 (due to its taller-than-OEM overall rolling diameter), I have seen a few people run it without any issues. Typically, a fender screw mod is required (depending on ride height and specific tire selection) to alleviate any rubbing that might occur under suspension compression.

-Geirsen

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Don't hold your breath for free shipping. A lot of shipping carriers (UPS in our case) have increased their rates significantly over the last 6 months. While we won't be offering free shipping for our holiday promotions this year, we have made an effort to keep our customer-facing shipping rates the same as to not push the cost increase on to our customers.

With that said, our VW Fall sale will be starting on Monday the 18th and we will be sending out our promotional email highlighting all of the details first thing that morning.

Stay tuned!

While a 245/40-18 isn't necessarily one of our main tire size recommendations for the MK7 (due to its taller-than-OEM overall rolling diameter), I have seen a few people run it without any issues. Typically, a fender screw mod is required (depending on ride height and specific tire selection) to alleviate any rubbing that might occur under suspension compression.

-Geirsen
I appreciate the response, honesty and advice. 235 is what I have now and will stick with that.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I really want the FL-5. If we get enough interest in FL-5 will Apex consider that as the next wheel fitment for the VW/Audi platform? 18x9 for me in silver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-232522.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-232522.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20211016-232222.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-232222.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20211016-232129.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-232129.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 69

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I really want the FL-5. If we get enough interest in FL-5 will Apex consider that as the next wheel fitment for the VW/Audi platform? 18x9 for me in silver.

We have high offsets, no lip for us.

As @bentin noted, the widths/offsets required for VW are not ideal for a wheel design with a lip. While the FL-5 works great for wide/low offset BMW fitments, it would leave a lot to be desired in a slimmer/high offset VW/Audi fitment. This is the reason we went with the SM-10 initially, as it is basically a FL-5 without a lip.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hi Geirsen, do the center caps have a 20% discount?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! They are supposed to be a part of the VW hardware sale (20% off) but after checking our website, it seems that they are still listed at full retail price. I will get the pricing updated to reflect the sale ASAP. The change should be live by the time you read this post.

Also, another important note. The website has just been adjusted to reflect our current VW stud conversion kit inventory. We just received the silver nut kits, which are ready to ship once an order is placed. However, the black nut kits had to be custom ordered for VW spec from our supplier and won't be arriving until late January/early February of next year. That said, if you want a stud kit now, silver will be your only option.

-Geirsen

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! They are supposed to be a part of the VW hardware sale (20% off) but after checking our website, it seems that they are still listed at full retail price. I will get the pricing updated to reflect the sale ASAP. The change should be live by the time you read this post.

Also, another important note. The website has just been adjusted to reflect our current VW stud conversion kit inventory. We just received the silver nut kits, which are ready to ship once an order is placed. However, the black nut kits had to be custom ordered for VW spec from our supplier and won't be arriving until late January/early February of next year. That said, if you want a stud kit now, silver will be your only option.

-Geirsen

Quick question, would I be able to use the OEM bolts with the rims without having a stud conversion?