GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Update Time!

I have some good news to share regarding our VW/Audi catalog expansion! To start, we will be adding Race Silver to all four SM-10 sizes. The 17x8.5" ET43 and 18x8.5" ET43 in Race Silver are already being produced and will be available around early December. The 17x9" ET42 and 18x9" ET42 in Race Silver are slated for November production and will be available by early 2022. We are also adding Satin Black to the 18x9" ET42, which will be ready to go around the same time. This means we will have Anthracite, Satin Bronze, Race Silver, and Satin Black available across our entire VW/Audi SM-10 lineup moving forward.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we also now have red, blue, and our standard black APEX VW/Audi centercaps in stock and ready to ship. To add to this selection, we also just submitted an order for our take on British Racing Green centercaps with gold foil (instead of silver), which should be available sometime in December.

Now, on to stud conversion kits! I have good news and bad news on this front. The bad news is we needed to custom order VW-spec stud nuts in black for these kits, which are slated to finish production around late November. As the nuts are coming from our supplier in Italy, they will likely be affected by the crazy shipping times we have been experiencing this year. Unfortunately, this means we will likely not have VW stud kits with black nuts available until January of next year.

The good news is, our supplier happened to have VW spec stud nuts ready to go in zinc-plated silver, which we jumped on to maintain our promised timeline for these stud conversion kits. With that said, we will have our VW stud kits with silver nuts ready to ship around mid-November.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

-Geirsen

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Speaking of lug nuts any one has recommendations of conical ones to match the new wheels ?

the stock ones just look dated and they look weird if u put the vw “lug caps” on them.
Prefer black ones … thanks.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Holding off on picking up 17’s until that fall sale. Currently have some 225/45/17 Falken 615K+ on some older VW wheels. Looking to clear a Porsche macan setup I’m putting together. Any recommendations on the 8.5 or 9” wheels? Don’t want to run a spacer and would love to use these tires until they have to be replaced.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Finally mounted these, bronze in direct sunlight.

BDC79EA4-BB54-4C5C-A752-21F7B47C3E51.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E6339BB-02FA-4DFF-87AE-27016F0611D6.jpeg
    3E6339BB-02FA-4DFF-87AE-27016F0611D6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Update Time!

I have some good news to share regarding our VW/Audi catalog expansion! To start, we will be adding Race Silver to all four SM-10 sizes. The 17x8.5" ET43 and 18x8.5" ET43 in Race Silver are already being produced and will be available around early December. The 17x9" ET42 and 18x9" ET42 in Race Silver are slated for November production and will be available by early 2022. We are also adding Satin Black to the 18x9" ET42, which will be ready to go around the same time. This means we will have Anthracite, Satin Bronze, Race Silver, and Satin Black available across our entire VW/Audi SM-10 lineup moving forward.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we also now have red, blue, and our standard black APEX VW/Audi centercaps in stock and ready to ship. To add to this selection, we also just submitted an order for our take on British Racing Green centercaps with gold foil (instead of silver), which should be available sometime in December.

Now, on to stud conversion kits! I have good news and bad news on this front. The bad news is we needed to custom order VW-spec stud nuts in black for these kits, which are slated to finish production around late November. As the nuts are coming from our supplier in Italy, they will likely be affected by the crazy shipping times we have been experiencing this year. Unfortunately, this means we will likely not have VW stud kits with black nuts available until January of next year.

The good news is, our supplier happened to have VW spec stud nuts ready to go in zinc-plated silver, which we jumped on to maintain our promised timeline for these stud conversion kits. With that said, we will have our VW stud kits with silver nuts ready to ship around mid-November.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

-Geirsen
Do you have a photo of the SM-10 in Race Silver?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Do you have a photo of the SM-10 in Race Silver?
We don't have any pictures of the VW SM-10s in Race Silver specifically, but we have plenty of pictures of that finish on our SM-10s for other markets. You can browse our RS SM-10 customer photos via the following link to our Flickr account: SM-10 Race Silver Pictures

-Geirsen

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
We don't have any pictures of the VW SM-10s in Race Silver specifically, but we have plenty of pictures of that finish on our SM-10s for other markets. You can browse our RS SM-10 customer photos via the following link to our Flickr account: SM-10 Race Silver Pictures

-Geirsen
That link takes me to a Portland Craigslist add for an old diesel Mercedes suv, I think it may be the wrong link lol.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion