GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
No updates as of yet. The ship is still holding short off the coast of CA waiting for a dock slip to open up. Once the ship makes it to the port and starts offloading, it should only be around a week and a half for the wheels to show up at our warehouse. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get word that offloading has begun.

-Geirsen
Looks like my poor PS4S are going to have to handle another autox! Maybe it'll be wet and they'll be competitive.

ibrad81

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This just sucks bc I originally ordered Neuspeeds around Black Friday and they were back ordered for months so canceled for these and now waiting for these, could of had the Neuspeeds by now

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Handful of BMWs at the track with Apex wheels this weekend. Must be nice.

Johaan

Ready to race!
No updates as of yet. The ship is still holding short off the coast of CA waiting for a dock slip to open up. Once the ship makes it to the port and starts offloading, it should only be around a week and a half for the wheels to show up at our warehouse. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get word that offloading has begun.

-Geirsen
I was going to PM this, but posing out since the question might be relevant to others.

Given that the shipping/port delays have pushed out delivery a bit, we are getting into summer travel/vacation season. The last thing I want is for wait a few months for these and have the wheels show up on doorstep when out town.

Is there an option to hold off on last-mile delivery, provided you collect payment, to ensure receipt? I’d just hate to have $1200 sitting on my doorstep, and no way in hell my 80 year old mother-in-law will move 20-lbs wheels for me when out of town.

Realize logistically you can’t worry about a day here or there, but with my luck I’d wait 3+ months for these and they will show up the one week in the last 1.5 years I’m not home.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was going to PM this, but posing out since the question might be relevant to others.

Given that the shipping/port delays have pushed out delivery a bit, we are getting into summer travel/vacation season. The last thing I want is for wait a few months for these and have the wheels show up on doorstep when out town.

Is there an option to hold off on last-mile delivery, provided you collect payment, to ensure receipt? I’d just hate to have $1200 sitting on my doorstep, and no way in hell my 80 year old mother-in-law will move 20-lbs wheels for me when out of town.

Realize logistically you can’t worry about a day here or there, but with my luck I’d wait 3+ months for these and they will show up the one week in the last 1.5 years I’m not home.
Ask them who they use for shipping. With both UPS and FedEx you can have them hold the delivery.

Johaan

Ready to race!
Ask them who they use for shipping. With both UPS and FedEx you can have them hold the delivery.
Not a bad idea, but I trust the carriers as far as I can throw a brown truck.

I have time yet, but if they don’t ship in several weeks will start to worry.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not a bad idea, but I trust the carriers as far as I can throw a brown truck.

I have time yet, but if they don’t ship in several weeks will start to worry.
Find out who Apex ships with and open an account with that shipper. You will have options to receive either text messages or email. Then when it ships you'll get a message and then you can login to your account and choose the hold the delivery option. I've used it and it works every time.

Johaan

Ready to race!
Find out who Apex ships with and open an account with that shipper. You will have options to receive either text messages or email. Then when it ships you'll get a message and then you can login to your account and choose the hold the delivery option. I've used it and it works every time.
Thx, I’ll check your suggestion for sure, but still somewhat skeptical. I managed the computer hardware logistics center for my company for several years. Most of the time everything went as it should with thousands of deliveries a week. When did things get screwed up? Holds, reroutes, and early deliveries — plenty of horror stories.

It’s been a few years since I moved to a different role, so maybe it’s better now. Still would prefer an origin hold but it beats canceling or keeping it on my doorstep.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
What are our options if we want to cancel? Will we just forfeit our deposit?
If you would like to cancel your order, please send me a PM or an email at geirsen@apexraceparts.com. Considering we are delayed from the originally stated fulfillment date, I can offer an order cancellation but the $200 deposit will not be refundable.

Once the wheels arrive at our warehouse, I will send out another Group Buy email to all of the participants updating everyone that we will be starting to collect payment and ship orders out. Once you see that update, please send me an email or PM if you would prefer to have your order held for shipping to a certain date.

-Geirsen