GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
I don't know if I missed it, looked but couldn't find.
I noticed these are all MK7's, how is the fitment on MK6's? I am currently running stock (51et) with 10mm front 15mm rear spacers and have a flush look, lowered on coils, with ST BBK. I would like to keep 18's but run the widest setup I can without rolling fenders etc but get back that flush look. Also tires will be max summer or even more aggressive.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I don't know if I missed it, looked but couldn't find.
I noticed these are all MK7's, how is the fitment on MK6's? I am currently running stock (51et) with 10mm front 15mm rear spacers and have a flush look, lowered on coils, with ST BBK. I would like to keep 18's but run the widest setup I can without rolling fenders etc but get back that flush look. Also tires will be max summer or even more aggressive.
We have only tested the 17x8.5" ET43 and 18x8.5" ET43 on the MK6 chassis but we hope to get some more fitment testing done with the 9" variants once the production wheels arrive. The MK6 chassis can likely handle the 17/18x9" ET42 but will probably require a good bit of camber to fit depending on the suspension and tire setup. Here are a few shots of a lowered MK6 GTI running 17x8.5" ET43 (no spacers) SM-10s wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot AS4s:

-Geirsen

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
We have only tested the 17x8.5" ET43 and 18x8.5" ET43 on the MK6 chassis but we hope to get some more fitment testing done with the 9" variants once the production wheels arrive. The MK6 chassis can likely handle the 17/18x9" ET42 but will probably require a good bit of camber to fit depending on the suspension and tire setup. Here are a few shots of a lowered MK6 GTI running 17x8.5" ET43 (no spacers) SM-10s wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot AS4s:

-Geirsen
Thanks for the feedback, I think 8.5 would be good enough/safe way to go. Pity I missed the group buy

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Thanks for the feedback, I think 8.5 would be good enough/safe way to go. Pity I missed the group buy
Just as a heads up, while the first production run for these wheels is mostly sold out from the Group Buy, we do plan on transitioning to a pre-sale within the next week or so. The pre-sale would be applicable for the leftover units from the first production run (after the GB orders ship out), as well as the full second production run, which is slated to arrive in late July/early August.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

-Geirsen

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Stop posting in here. I'm trying to forget about these so I can just be surprised when they come in and not consciously think about it all the time. Then I go adv some tires to my cart and then change my mind to wait. Y'all keep reminding me. 😁

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Stop posting in here. I'm trying to forget about these so I can just be surprised when they come in and not consciously think about it all the time. Then I go adv some tires to my cart and then change my mind to wait. Y'all keep reminding me. 😁
I think I was last to get in the GB and haven't been charged the deposit LOL these posts sustain me.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
How are things going with the manufacturing? Still expecting end of this month to start shipping?
The first production run has finished up and everyone's wheels officially started their slow-boat ride to California on May 10th. Typically, shipping times from the factory to our warehouse are around 3-4 weeks or so, which would put us right on schedule to ship orders out at the end of the month. However, over the last few months that transit time has been creeping up to almost 6 weeks in some cases due to docking delays at the port. With that said, we are hopeful that we will be able to stay on track for an end of May delivery but there could potentially be some delays at the CA ports if things aren't somewhat back to normal at the time of the ship's arrival.

-Geirsen

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Any idea if the forged options will be out this season, or is that still pretty far off?

Also I can't tell which of my color preferences was met, is that info going to be available before shipping?

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
The first production run has finished up and everyone's wheels officially started their slow-boat ride to California on May 10th. Typically, shipping times from the factory to our warehouse are around 3-4 weeks or so, which would put us right on schedule to ship orders out at the end of the month. However, over the last few months that transit time has been creeping up to almost 6 weeks in some cases due to docking delays at the port. With that said, we are hopeful that we will be able to stay on track for an end of May delivery but there could potentially be some delays at the CA ports if things aren't somewhat back to normal at the time of the ship's arrival.

-Geirsen
Get them dock workers a raise or something, I got some PS AS4'S comin from costco, not sure how long they'll store them lol glad I was number 2 on the group buy 😋

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Any idea if the forged options will be out this season, or is that still pretty far off?

Also I can't tell which of my color preferences was met, is that info going to be available before shipping?

I am actually finalizing our VW Forged community survey today and should have it posted by early next week. Since a majority of our R&D was done prior to the flow formed SM-10 release, the development time for our forged VW wheels shouldn't take as long to be released once engineering starts. While I doubt we will have them ready by this season, we should at least be able to offer the Group Buy by the end of Summer to have the wheels delivered sometime in the Fall. Stay tuned!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I am actually finalizing our VW Forged community survey today and should have it posted by early next week. Since a majority of our R&D was done prior to the flow formed SM-10 release, the development time for our forged VW wheels shouldn't take as long to be released once engineering starts. While I doubt we will have them ready by this season, we should at least be able to offer the Group Buy by the end of Summer to have the wheels delivered sometime in the Fall. Stay tuned!

-Geirsen
Odds of the brushed finish being an option?