GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Anyone else just get charged the deposit today and get a notification to set password in the system? I got two separate emails.

I was wondering why the charge had not hit yet. Fine by me, punts payment to June…
We started charging the $200 deposits earlier this week using our automated system but some accounts required us to reach out manually, which is why some people were seeing the deposit hit today. Full payment will not be due until the wheels show up at our warehouse and they are ready to be shipped out.

-Geirsen

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Anyone else just get charged the deposit today and get a notification to set password in the system? I got two separate emails.

I was wondering why the charge had not hit yet. Fine by me, punts payment to June…
I just got the same- two different emails. The first one telling me to reset my password. I'm a little concerned- it opened to an essentially blank page.

Johaan

Ready to race!
That's not quite right, I sent you a PM so we can figure out what's going on with the password reset email.

-Geirsen
I got the same - important bits redacted. It came in the same minute as the charge email from the domain, so assumed legit.

Also, if I recall, my password did not work till I used the link.

FF3C7372-950B-4729-9BCE-0C5574E4FCE3.jpeg

Last edited:

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That's not quite right, I sent you a PM so we can figure out what's going on with the password reset email.

-Geirsen
PM responded to. Please keep us appraised on what the team finds.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I got the same - important bits redacted. It came in the same minute as the charge email from the domain, so assumed legit.

Also, if I recall, my password did not work till I used the link.

View attachment 212029

PM responded to. Please keep us appraised on what the team finds.

To everyone who has received this email regarding a password reset/setup, please disregard it. This is an issue with our internal Gangup email system and we are working to fix it at the moment.

-Geirsen

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
Ive got the17x9 on order and im planning to use them on the road on my R.

Love the look of the these with the nittos. Tough question but aside from the suspension, do you any idea what it is that creates the look on the dark blue golf? I.e. how much of the look is tyre profile versus its size and aspect ratio? Im planning on fitting Dunlop SP Sportmaxx still in 255 45 17.

Maybe you have some pics of 17" Michelins on a car?

Last edited:

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Ive got the17x9 on order and im planning to use them on the road on my R.

Love the look of the these with the nittos. Tough question but aside from the suspension, do you any idea what it is that creates the look on the dark blue golf? I.e. how much of the look is tyre profile versus its size and aspect ratio? Im planning on fitting Dunlop SP Sportmaxx still in 255 45 17.

Maybe you have some pics of 17" Michelins on a car?
The Dark Blue Golf was running the 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 Nitto NT01 tires and is lowered, as well.

I would not recommend running 255/45-17 tires on your Golf R, as that size is far too tall for the MK7 chassis. 255/40-17 is within spec for overall rolling diameter and will give you the same fitment as you saw on the Dark Blue Golf.

The only pictures we have of the 17" wheels with Michelins are the 17x8.5" ET43 with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 all-season tires, which will not be as aggressive of a fitment compared to the 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 NT01 tires.

-Geirsen

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
The Dark Blue Golf was running the 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 Nitto NT01 tires and is lowered, as well.

I would not recommend running 255/45-17 tires on your Golf R, as that size is far too tall for the MK7 chassis. 255/40-17 is within spec for overall rolling diameter and will give you the same fitment as you saw on the Dark Blue Golf.

The only pictures we have of the 17" wheels with Michelins are the 17x8.5" ET43 with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 all-season tires, which will not be as aggressive of a fitment compared to the 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 NT01 tires.

-Geirsen
Thanks Geirsen. Glad you picked me up on the profile, that options up the choices too.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Thanks Geirsen. Glad you picked me up on the profile, that options up the choices too.
Happy I can be of assistance! Please let me know if you have any questions moving forward.

On another note, we had a chance to do a wagon photoshoot with my personal 17' GSW and a 17" Alltrack over the weekend. I should have the final edits from the shoot next week and I will be sure to share them here as soon as I can. In the meantime, here's a quick cellphone picture sneak peek!

IMG_0821.JPG

-Geirsen

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Is it May 31 yet?
I just picked out tires. Won't be available until begining of June, so that is making the wait that much easier. Suppose not doesn't hurt that my current wheels are rad.

Just need to get the Hammersticks street spec suspension installed before then...

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Last weekend, we had the opportunity to do a MK7 wagon-themed photoshoot up in the mountains of SW WA. The shoot included our very own Project Long Roof (17' GSW), along with a friend's 17' Alltrack, as well.

Here is a rundown of the specs for each car:

White 2017 Golf Sportwagen:

Wheels:
17x8.5" ET43 SM-10s in Satin Bronze
Tires: 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot AS4s
Suspension: Stock

Black 2017 Alltrack:

Wheels:
Suspension: Ohlins R&T (max low)

Enjoy!

-Geirsen

Johaan

Ready to race!
Last weekend, we had the opportunity to do a MK7 wagon-themed photoshoot up in the mountains of SW WA. The shoot included our very own Project Long Roof (17' GSW), along with a friend's 17' Alltrack, as well.

Here is a rundown of the specs for each car:

White 2017 Golf Sportwagen:

Wheels:
Suspension: Stock

Black 2017 Alltrack:

Wheels:
Suspension: Ohlins R&T (max low)

Enjoy!

-Geirsen
Looks good. If AS4 were offered, I’d prob have jumped on them. Will get that locally.

Also cool to have a stock suspension example.