Ready to race!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 1.07.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 1.07.25 AM.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 76

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
....the ECS link Geirson shared states 66 mm 🤷‍♂️
Yep. I just looked up the part number, first link I clicked said 56, but that's wrong

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
Must say that itd be added value to me for Apex to offer centre caps with the wheel sale.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Must say that itd be added value to me for Apex to offer centre caps with the wheel sale.
All of our wheels include our black APEX centercaps preinstalled. We also plan to sell OEM 66mm VW center caps in the near future, much like we do for BMW.

I am also working on potentially getting some APEX colored centercaps specific for the VW market. Toying around with a few ideas, such as Great Falls Green, Lapiz Blue, and Limestone Grey. If you guys happen to have any other recommendations, let me know! I will likely post a survey to see which would be the most popular, once the GB ends.

-Geirsen

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
All of our wheels include our black APEX centercaps preinstalled. We also plan to sell OEM 66mm VW center caps in the near future, much like we do for BMW.

I am also working on potentially getting some APEX colored centercaps specific for the VW market. Toying around with a few ideas, such as Great Falls Green, Lapiz Blue, and Limestone Grey. If you guys happen to have any other recommendations, let me know! I will likely post a survey to see which would be the most popular, once the GB ends.

-Geirsen
Thanks Geirsen

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R

-Geirsen
Damn, Apex FTW!! 😁

Johaan

Ready to race!
Getting close to the end....

Any suggestions on wheel ceramic coating? Recommendations from Apex?

Looking for a good DYI solution that won’t mess things up, never done one before.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
The final Group Buy update has been officially sent out! Feel free to check it out in our vendor Group Buy thread here.

I know we can hit 100 pledges before the deal closes. Let's see it happen!

If anyone has any last-minute questions, please do not hesitate to reach out on the forums or through Gangup directly.

-Geirsen

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I’m interested in any suggestions aswell. Someone please help?

Cquatz dlux is good stuff, but ceramic coatings for wheels just don't last long due to the heat and brake dust. Highly recommend a spray on/rinse off product like 303 touchless sealant, Caro Hydro2, or Gyeon Wet Coat.

I spray on 303 TS every other wash and it makes for much easier wheel cleaning with WAY lower effort. I will put a base layer of Gtechnic C2V3 since I have a bottle already. Probably going to switch to Hydro2 next time as it's lower cost since it comes in a concentrate.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Cquatz dlux is good stuff, but ceramic coatings for wheels just don't last long due to the heat and brake dust. Highly recommend a spray on/rinse off product like 303 touchless sealant, Caro Hydro2, or Gyeon Wet Coat.

I spray on 303 TS every other wash and it makes for much easier wheel cleaning with WAY lower effort. I will put a base layer of Gtechnic C2V3 since I have a bottle already. Probably going to switch to Hydro2 next time as it's lower cost since it comes in a concentrate.
Could you clarify which of the 303 sealants you are recommending? I just came back from the local auto parts store & they had 2 different sealant products- a Ceramic Sealant and an Interior/Exterior sealant. The Interior/Exterior stuff requires it to be immediately wiped down after applying & to not let the stuff dry on the surface it was applied to. Not the easiest or most convenient thing for wheels...
Are either of these what you are recommending? Any familiarity with The Chemical Guys Sealant? The store carried that too.

On a related note, before you apply any sealant on even slightly used wheels, I recommend you first treat them with a product like IronX to eliminate the small iron particles from your brakes that are burned into the wheel finish.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Obsessed Garage has a couple videos on wheel ceramic coatings. I think this is the latest one and he used Gtechnic:

Personally I’ve used Gyeon Quartz Rim which I think you are supposed to reapply every 1-2 years. It’s been almost two years and my wheels are still easy to clean so I haven’t bothered reapplying.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Could you clarify which of the 303 sealants you are recommending? I just came back from the local auto parts store & they had 2 different sealant products- a Ceramic Sealant and an Interior/Exterior sealant. The Interior/Exterior stuff requires it to be immediately wiped down after applying & to not let the stuff dry on the surface it was applied to. Not the easiest or most convenient thing for wheels...
Are either of these what you are recommending? Any familiarity with The Chemical Guys Sealant? The store carried that too.

On a related note, before you apply any sealant on even slightly used wheels, I recommend you first treat them with a product like IronX to eliminate the small iron particles from your brakes that are burned into the wheel finish.
303 touchless sealant is the name of it as stated. Don't expect to find it at your local parts store.