GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I was going to wait until morning to post these, but they are just too good not to share ASAP. Thank you @DaRock1459 for swinging by the office on such short notice, your R' turned out killer.

Enjoy!

Car: 2017 Golf R in Limestone Gray

Suspension modifications: 034 dynamic+ springs on stock DCC struts/shocks and Euro Sport front camber kit.

Wheels: 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10 in Satin Bronze with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 tires.

Suspension modifications: 034 dynamic+ springs on stock DCC struts/shocks and Euro Sport front camber kit.

Wheels: 17x9" ET42 SM-10 in Anthracite with 255/40-17 Nitto NT01 tires.

See you guys at the Group Buy launch in less than a week! :cool:

-Geirsen

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Those 17x9 are hot but 17x8.5 seems better for DD duty and occasional track duty for me. Would like to retain as much MPG as possible. Looking forward to that group buy.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I was going to wait until morning to post these, but they are just too good not to share ASAP. Thank you @DaRock1459 for swinging by the office on such short notice, your R' turned out killer.

Enjoy!

-Geirsen
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to meet up with Dylan. I’m blown away by the photos. He wasn’t joking when he mentioned that this gray should shoot well.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT

Enjoy!

-Geirsen
These photos made me scour the internet for these wheels, was bummed to find they don't exist for sale to the general public yet!
Very interested and commenting for updates :)

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Geirsen - can you give us a rundown of how the group buy works? I went to the APEX site and saw the various other ones that are going on now. Will it follow those same mechanics? Are we guaranteed wheels if we enter it? I'm a little confused on the discount sliding scale. THANKS!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Geirsen - can you give us a rundown of how the group buy works? I went to the APEX site and saw the various other ones that are going on now. Will it follow those same mechanics? Are we guaranteed wheels if we enter it? There was some vague language that kind of confused me.

Sure thing!

When the Group Buy is live on our sister website, Gangup, the deal will be open for "pledges". When you pledge to the deal, you will be able to configure your preferences (wheel spec, finish, tires, and any additional accessories) and lock-in your choices. When you submit your pledge, we will take a $200 deposit and you will be officially entered into the Group Buy. Our Group Buys are "first come, first serve", so if you have your eyes on a popular finish/spec combo, I would recommend getting those pledges in sooner rather than later. If you wait until the very end, you might not get your first choice for finish/spec.

As the deal continues to get new pledges, a higher discount tier will be unlocked for every 10 pledges (0-9 pledges: $100 off plus free shipping, 10-19 pledges: $150 off plus free shipping, etc), until the maximum discount is reached. The more participants in the deal, the higher the discount for a set of wheels will be. The Group Buy will stay live for around a month or so, and the final discount tier will be locked-in once the deal closes. Once the deal closes, we will finalize everyone's selections and reach out to collect the remaining payment amount for the wheels. Soon thereafter, we will start shipping orders out once the first production run arrives at our warehouse (expected to be shortly after the GB ends).

Hope this clears up any confusion! If you have any other questions please let me know.

-Geirsen

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've been looking for wheels for a while now. I'm really excited to see what pricing will look like on these. Hurry up already lol!

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Sure thing!

When the Group Buy is live on our sister website, Gangup, the deal will be open for "pledges". When you pledge to the deal, you will be able to configure your preferences (wheel spec, finish, tires, and any additional accessories) and lock-in your choices. When you submit your pledge, we will take a $200 deposit and you will be officially entered into the Group Buy. Our Group Buys are "first come, first serve", so if you have your eyes on a popular finish/spec combo, I would recommend getting those pledges in sooner rather than later. If you wait until the very end, you might not get your first choice for finish/spec.

As the deal continues to get new pledges, a higher discount tier will be unlocked for every 10 pledges (0-9 pledges: $100 off plus free shipping, 10-19 pledges: $150 off plus free shipping, etc), until the maximum discount is reached. The more participants in the deal, the higher the discount for a set of wheels will be. The Group Buy will stay live for around a month or so, and the final discount tier will be locked-in once the deal closes. Once the deal closes, we will finalize everyone's selections and reach out to collect the remaining payment amount for the wheels. Soon thereafter, we will start shipping orders out once the first production run arrives at our warehouse (expected to be shortly after the GB ends).

Hope this clears up any confusion! If you have any other questions please let me know.

-Geirsen

I understand it is hard to tell, but what is the typical time from end of group buy to wheels shipping? Trying to gauge if I'd have them in time for some local track events.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels any rough idea on timeframe for the follow up release of forged wheels? Any chance they’ll be out before 2022?

No specific timeline as of right now but there is a possibility that we could potentially bring the forged wheels to market before the end of 2021.

I understand it is hard to tell, but what is the typical time from end of group buy to wheels shipping? Trying to gauge if I'd have them in time for some local track events.

The first production run for these wheels is expected to arrive at our warehouse in May. However, we will have a more specific timeline once the wheels are produced and en route (hopefully around mid April).

-Geirsen