GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I've got the same brake setup, so that's perfect.

Is there going to be an 18 x 9?

Yes, 18x9" ET42 will be available at launch.

So will the 17x9 clear Stoptech ST60 on 355mm discs or do I need to order a set when they are released to see of they will fit or not.

The 17x9" ET42 will clear the 83.896.6700.XX Stoptech ST60 kit with 355mm rotors just fine. Plenty of spoke and barrel clearance without needing any spacers.

-Geirsen

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3

The 17x9" ET42 will clear the 83.896.6700.XX Stoptech ST60 kit with 355mm rotors just fine. Plenty of spoke and barrel clearance without needing any spacers.

-Geirsen

-Geirsen
Thank you for the confirming the fitment and definitely save me a set when the group buy starts. Going to to 17" tire setup saves me $200-$300 a set of track tires, that alone makes up for the cost of the wheels.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Can we please get pics of the anthracite on a white car? Thanks in advance, super excited for these!
Crappy distanced cell phone pic a few posts above. In person they look fantastic and I was instantly sold, and bummed when I had to give them back. Good contrast on white. My shoot was days after Will's so just a matter of time. Looking forward to seeing them as well!

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Crappy distanced cell phone pic a few posts above. In person they look fantastic and I was instantly sold, and bummed when I had to give them back. Good contrast on white. My shoot was days after Will's so just a matter of time. Looking forward to seeing them as well!
Did you mean this one? I only see black wheels.
Same setups as Will. 255/40/17 and 235/45/18. Here are a few quick cell phone pics for y’all.
Edit: Just saw the last pic right after I sent this, looks good, can't wait for the full shoot. (y)

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
More fresh MK7 content for everyone to enjoy!

18x8.5" ET43 SM-10s in Satin Black with 235/40-18 Michelin PS4S tires:

17x9" ET42 SM-10s in Anthracite with 255/40-17 NT-01 tires:

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Will we get to see a bronze one before the group buy? I'm 99% sure I want bronze, so no big deal, but the shine on those anthracites might sway me.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Will we get to see a bronze one before the group buy? I'm 99% sure I want bronze, so no big deal, but the shine on those anthracites might sway me.
Yes! We have our last sample set of 17x8.5" ET43 wheels in Satin Bronze showing up within the next few days. Those will be wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin AS4+ tires for a more street-focused fitment, as we plan to do some photoshoots on a couple of All-Tracks and Sportwagens. We should be able to have content to share within the next couple of weeks.

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yes! We have our last sample set of 17x8.5" ET43 wheels in Satin Bronze showing up within the next few days. Those will be wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin AS4+ tires for a more street-focused fitment, as we plan to do some photoshoots on a couple of All-Tracks and Sportwagens. We should be able to have content to share within the next couple of weeks.

-Geirsen
Take my money...

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Thanks, Geirsen! And if anyone is wondering, my car is lowered on 034 springs with TT spring pads in the rear. Essentially lowered "about an inch" (basically like all other MK7 lowering springs out there!)

cblock406

Ready to race!
Silver? There's not going to be a silver choice in the original run. Anthracite, black and bronze will be your choices.

Yes, I know there is no race or hyper silver option (which is a bummer). The post that details the colors available is on page 10 if anyone is looking. Putting them in the OP will be convenient for people looking for and not wanting to search through an 18 page thread.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
I take it it's still early in the development of your EC-7s for our VWs, but I do hope you'll have at least an 18" option for those of us who want forged wheels for the street with stock suspensions. If they're not crazy expensive, I would buy a set.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Yes, I know there is no race or hyper silver option (which is a bummer). The post that details the colors available is on page 10 if anyone is looking. Putting them in the OP will be convenient for people looking for and not wanting to search through an 18 page thread.
Thank you for noting this! I plan on doing a big edit/update to the OP in this thread within the next couple of weeks to include all of the finalized details for these wheels. This will include all of our photo content (including the upcoming 17x8.5" bronze shoots) as well as weights, pricing, dates, etc. That way, everything will be in one place and easily accessible.

I take it it's still early in the development of your EC-7s for our VWs, but I do hope you'll have at least an 18" option for those of us who want forged wheels for the street with stock suspensions. If they're not crazy expensive, I would buy a set.

Forged EC-7R development has been put on hold until after our Flow Formed SM-10 launch. We still plan to offer Forged wheels for the Mk7 chassis but we have decided to stagger that release due to COVID-related delays that have occurred over the last year. This was to ensure that we were at least able to bring the Flow Formed wheels to market before this coming season starts heating up. Fitment-wise, we plan on offering both street and track-focused options in the Forged EC-7Rs, much like the Flow Formed SM-10s.

-Geirsen