GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Man I wish I loved closer to you guys so I could check the clearance on a MK7 R. Looks sweet.

Considering the fitments we have tested on the MK8R thus far, we have confirmed that there is a bit more overall fender clearance compared to the MK7. I would say about a 3-5mm difference both front and rear. Definitely makes it easier to fit the 17/18x9" ET42 with 255's on a stock MK8R vs. the same setup on the MK7R, which typically requires camber to work without rubbing.

-Geirsen

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Considering the fitments we have tested on the MK8R thus far, we have confirmed that there is a bit more overall fender clearance compared to the MK7. I would say about a 3-5mm difference both front and rear. Definitely makes it easier to fit the 17/18x9" ET42 with 255's on a stock MK8R vs. the same setup on the MK7R, which typically requires camber to work without rubbing.

-Geirsen
That makes me feel better.

And saves my wallet.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

-Geirsen
Looking at willtheyfit, that's about as much shock clearance as my 18x9+42 255/35/18 setup. Wish I could fit a 9.5" that easily.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Put that refund to work with our Tax Season Sale ongoing now. Save up to 25% off + Free Shipping* on a huge variety of in-stock fitments. Every Sprint Line Forged and Flow Formed wheel we offer is on sale. This sale ends on April 22nd, but discounts apply while supplies last. Get your order in today!

Apex Flow Formed: Up to 25% off

Apex Sprint Line Forged: Up to 15% off

The Lightest Wheels We Make. Deep discounts on all of our Fully Forged SM-10RS and VS-5RS are available making our high-performance lightweight wheels an even better value.

Apex Accessories: 15% off

All Apex Studkits, Lug Bolts, and Centercaps are discounted and get free shipping. Get your car ready for the track season today.

Free Shipping

All orders of wheels and qualifying Apex accessories will get free shipping* through the 22nd.

Fitment Guides

We know what fits. From direct bolt-on to all-out race fitments and everything in between. We've street and track tested extensively to save you the trial-and-error.

View our fitment guides.

*Free Shipping to the 48 Contiguous States only.

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexwheels.com
Web: www.apexwheels.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

Last edited:

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

With only 10 days remaining in our 2024 Tax Refund sale, now is the time to pull the trigger on a fresh set of wheels for the upcoming driving season!

With discounts of up to 25% off across the board on all of our Flow Formed and Forged wheels, as well as 15% off accessories, and free shipping* in the continental US, you will not want to miss out on this deal.

Buy Now

Apex Flow Formed: Up to 25% off

Buy Now

Apex Sprint Line Forged: Up to 15% off