GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey all, just got my SM-10s today and they look incredible, can't wait to get them on the car! Question though, were they supposed to come with valve stems? If so I'll shoot an email to Apex, if not I guess I'll have to order some up...

*Pic because I'm so excited about these, my first set of brand new wheels

As previously mentioned, our wheels do not come with any valve stems but we do offer color matched metal stems for $10 a piece on the website. Otherwise, you can just use the standard universal valve stems that your tire shop will provide during mounting/balancing. Either will work just fine with these wheels!

-Geirsen

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Hey Apex any chance on releasing a limited edition Blue SM10s in 17x8.5 or 9?
Similar to this color?
P8290594.jpg

I want to be the first test car for it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately, there would probably only be 2 of us to get those

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey Apex any chance on releasing a limited edition Blue SM10s in 17x8.5 or 9?
Similar to this color?
View attachment 274576

I want to be the first test car for it.

Check your PM for more details regarding your request! If you can get at least 10 or more people to commit to buying a set, we might be able to work something out.

-Geirsen

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Gosh darn it, curbed one of my Anthracite wheels, any touch-up paint or something close to the color to use?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey all,

Just as a heads up, we just launched our Spring/Tax Season sale, which is offering up to 25% plus free shipping off a vast majority of our Flow Formed wheels, including the VW/Audi spec SM-10s. This year, we decided to do a traditional retail sale for our Flow Formed wheels, rather than a Group Buy but the discount is going to be the same as it would through the Group Buy, without needing to wait until the deal ends. Feel free to check out the sale via our updated sig pic.

If anyone has any questions regarding fitment, etc, please let me know!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Hey all,

Just as a heads up, we just launched our Spring/Tax Season sale, which is offering up to 25% plus free shipping off a vast majority of our Flow Formed wheels, including the VW/Audi spec SM-10s. This year, we decided to do a traditional retail sale for our Flow Formed wheels, rather than a Group Buy but the discount is going to be the same as it would through the Group Buy, without needing to wait until the deal ends. Feel free to check out the sale via our updated sig pic.

If anyone has any questions regarding fitment, etc, please let me know!

-Geirsen
Was gonna ask about free shipping, then actually looked at your signature. Carry on. Off to buy more wheels if the kid perks up and I don't eat the Disney Land trip we leave on tomorrow...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I want a set of SM-10's so much, but the $4000 I spent repair the car from an off ate my autocross/ track budget this year. I'll have to keep running my old wheels until next spring. But maybe the forged versions will be out at that point?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey guys,

I just wanted to provide ya'll with a quick update regarding the 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS project. At this time, everything has been officially finalized and approved for production. Currently, we are looking at about 90 days from initial production to shipment to our warehouse. Once production is underway I should have a more specified ETA as to when we plan to officially "release" this wheel and start taking pre-orders. Since this is just a single new wheel spec, we won't be planning on doing a Group Buy at launch but instead we will offer a pre-order retail discount via our main website, which will likely be around what the typical Group Buy discounts have been in the past.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know! In the meantime, I will be sure to keep ya'll updated on progress moving forward.

-Geirsen

BikoLite

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 GTI SE
This group seems partial to 17x9, but curious in anyone could share their 18x9 setups, experiences and/or pictures. Only found a few when reading through all 97 pages :)

Reached out to Geirsen about this for my 7.5 GTI - paired with a set of PS4S. Per his suggestion, planning to go with a 255/35.

Will be installing ED springs along with some other suspension bits at the same time to avoid multiple alignments.

Thanks in advance.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Shouldn’t be any real difference to 18s vs 17s, assuming you keep the outer diameter similar. I run 235/35-19 and 255/40-17 and both work fine on the Mk8 R. Lots of us just run 17s because they’re lighter, still clear many brakes and tires a little cheaper. I’ve debated the 265/40-16 PS4, it’s not my favorite tire, but one of few available in that size.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Shouldn’t be any real difference to 18s vs 17s, assuming you keep the outer diameter similar. I run 235/35-19 and 255/40-17 and both work fine on the Mk8 R. Lots of us just run 17s because they’re lighter, still clear many brakes and tires a little cheaper. I’ve debated the 265/40-16 PS4, it’s not my favorite tire, but one of few available in that size.

I have been quite curious about the 265/40-17 PS4S fitment myself. Definitely not something I would recommend for a non-R application due to the fuel filler clearance in the rear but it could technically work with a bit of front camber to compensate. I have seen a few folks run 265/35-18 on the 18x9" ET42 with camber dialed-in so from a fitment perspective, the 265/40-17 should be just fine. That said, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense considering anyone wanting to use that wide of a tire would typically be doing so for a track-focused setup, in which the PS4S wouldn't exactly be an ideal tire compared to a 200TW or R compound in a 255/40-17 size.

-Geirsen