GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Save Up To 25% Off All VW/Audi Flow Formed SM-10 and Forged VS-5RS Wheels!

For your viewing pleasure, here are some of our favorite shots from a recent photoshoot with a unique Chameleon-wrapped MK7 GTI running a set of 17x9" ET42 SM-10s in Satin Black. Enjoy!

Happy Holidays From The APEX Team!

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
With the sale going on I'm going to pull the trigger on a set on bronze SM10s to replace my Enkei 17x8 TX5 set with X-ice 225/45/17s I got from previous owner of my R.
I'm wavering between the 17x8.5s and 17x9s. I'd prefer the 17x9's as this set is going to transition to a dual duty winter/track day set. In the short term (due to budget...for this winter only) I'm going to transfer the 225/45 X-ices over to the new wheels. The car doesn't see a ton of winter use, but here in CO it gets cold enough that on the days I do drive the car during the colder months the summer set-up with the PS4S's is far from ideal. Apex told me that while I could use the 225/45's with the 17x9's its far from ideal. I know its a long shot but has anyone run a 225/45 on a 9" wheel?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Keep the Enkeis for winters, better to have a narrower wheel for that. I plan on using my 19x8 stock wheels for some All Seasons and my 17x9 VS-5RS with 200tw.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Keep the Enkeis for winters, better to have a narrower wheel for that. I plan on using my 19x8 stock wheels for some All Seasons and my 17x9 VS-5RS with 200tw.

Thanks. I ended up ordering a set of 17x9s in bronze from BMP. They were the best deal with no shipping and no tax.
I have my 19" RSe14s w/ PS4S's for my summer set. The SM10s will serve dual duty for me as a winter/track set. I understand not ideal on the winter side of the equation, but honestly I don't drive my R much in winter and not at all on crap weather days. Thats what the 4runner is for :)

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Ordered a set of 17x9 SM-10 yesterday in bronze. Stoked to try them next spring with some 200tw tires for the track!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Gear Up Now for the 2023 Track Season and Save BIG with our Year End Clearance Deals

Our year-end Clearance Sale starts today! If you didn't get new wheels for 2023 during Black Friday, now's the time.

Fair warning: when the inventory levels of certain fitments and finishes become too low, we will remove them from the sale, so... Place your order early to get the best selection.

Up to 20% Off Select Flow Formed Wheels
for BMW, Porsche, VW, GR Supra, 86/BRZ

While Supplies Last – First Come, First Served

Not sure what fitment to run on your VW? Check out our MK7 specific fitment guide to learn more about our recommended wheel and tire setups for this chassis!

MK7 Golf, GTI, and Golf R Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Is there any Australian supplier for these wheels?

Our biggest dealer in Australia is Southern BM but IIRC they mainly focus in BMWs. However, you should be able to get a set of our VW wheels ordered through them considering they have access to our entire catalog. Here is their website:https://southernbm.com.au/

Alternatively, we also ship internationally from our direct website. While shipping to Australia is a bit spendy at times, it's always an option if Southern BM doesn't work out.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

-Geirsen

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
Dont see the SM10 on the site in 17x9 any longer in VW fitment. Do you guys still offer these?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
I feel like it has been a while since I've contributed to this thread with my personal car, so I figured I would take the opportunity to share some pictures I took over the holidays!

For the last 3 weeks, I have been staying up in the mountains around Leavenworth, WA with some family and friends. During my time up there, the average temperature was around 15-20 degrees F and we were getting around 1-2 feet of snow every few days. I ended up actually taking both of my vehicles up there (2020 Tacoma TRD OR and 2017 GSW 4motion), as I was slightly hesitant about the GSW potentially struggling or getting stuck since its on all-season tires. In fact, I even pulled the trigger on a brand new set of 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeaks for my Tacoma just to ensure we wouldn't have any issues getting around in Winter conditions.

Last Winter, the GSW was on a set of Blizzaks, which I ended up selling to make way for the 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10s with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 tires. Where I live in SW WA, we don't see more than a couple of days of snow per year, so the all-seasons made a lot more sense than having two dedicated Winter/Summer sets. However, up north in the mountains, its a completely different story. With that said, I was absolutely blown away with how well the GSW did with the AS4s! We never got stuck once, even in deep snow, and the GSW felt far more confident to drive even compared to the Tacoma on fresh Wildpeaks with 4WD engaged. In fact, I was having a hard time noticing any major Winter performance differences with the AS4s compared to the Blizzaks I had last year!

After a few long drives in the snow, I kept noticing a strong brake smell coming from the GSW. I was driving with traction off and stability control as "off" as the factory programing would let me. Though, it was clear that the stability control system was still engaging quite a bit. This prompted me to use OBDeleven to code traction/stability control to be fully off after holding the ESC button. After making that change, I was finally able to have full control of the car and get into some absolutely silly drift angles! For anyone who drives their 4motion in the snow, I would highly suggest looking into doing this mod.

Anyways, here are a few shots I snapped while up there. Enjoy!

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

-Geirsen

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I feel like it has been a while since I've contributed to this thread with my personal car, so I figured I would take the opportunity to share some pictures I took over the holidays!

For the last 3 weeks, I have been staying up in the mountains around Leavenworth, WA with some family and friends. During my time up there, the average temperature was around 15-20 degrees F and we were getting around 1-2 feet of snow every few days. I ended up actually taking both of my vehicles up there (2020 Tacoma TRD OR and 2017 GSW 4motion), as I was slightly hesitant about the GSW potentially struggling or getting stuck since its on all-season tires. In fact, I even pulled the trigger on a brand new set of 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeaks for my Tacoma just to ensure we wouldn't have any issues getting around in Winter conditions.

Last Winter, the GSW was on a set of Blizzaks, which I ended up selling to make way for the 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10s with 235/45-17 Michelin AS4 tires. Where I live in SW WA, we don't see more than a couple of days of snow per year, so the all-seasons made a lot more sense than having two dedicated Winter/Summer sets. However, up north in the mountains, its a completely different story. With that said, I was absolutely blown away with how well the GSW did with the AS4s! We never got stuck once, even in deep snow, and the GSW felt far more confident to drive even compared to the Tacoma on fresh Wildpeaks with 4WD engaged. In fact, I was having a hard time noticing any major Winter performance differences with the AS4s compared to the Blizzaks I had last year!

After a few long drives in the snow, I kept noticing a strong brake smell coming from the GSW. I was driving with traction off and stability control as "off" as the factory programing would let me. Though, it was clear that the stability control system was still engaging quite a bit. This prompted me to use OBDeleven to code traction/stability control to be fully off after holding the ESC button. After making that change, I was finally able to have full control of the car and get into some absolutely silly drift angles! For anyone who drives their 4motion in the snow, I would highly suggest looking into doing this mod.

Anyways, here are a few shots I snapped while up there. Enjoy!

-Geirsen
I just put the same size Wildpeaks and a 1 1/2” lift on my Wife’s Atlas R-Line, overall really happy with them 👍