GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Picked up a used set of 17x8.5 SM-10s locally. They unfortunately do not clear Neuspeed calipers on 340 rotors. There's plenty of barrel clearance, but the back of the spoke doesn't clear. Reached out to Apex with a fitment template. Hopefully the 17x9s have a little more spoke clearance!
View attachment 258064
View attachment 258065

Those wheels can clear your BBK with a 5mm spacer to help with the spoke clearance issue. However, the 17x9" ET42 has better spoke clearance compared to the 17x8.5" ET43, so you can run the wider size without any spacers no problem.

My very very late SM-10 FM photos @APEXWheels Do u still have any tee available to send me? I never gotten mine last year with the group buy 😭

Send me a PM with your order info and I can get you sorted with some swag! :cool:

-Geirsen

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I don’t think this is a wheel design issue. I ran them fine for 2 autox but recently I had to replace the front wheel bearings. Just checking if I’m an isolated issue. I will post more details later.

Here is an update:

The front left wheel is making contact with the steering rod nut at full lock. I forgot to take a picture but I confirmed contact by putting the car in the air and turning the steering wheel. The front left tire is also making contact with the inner liner; see attached picture. I bought 3mm spacers and will try running them with the wheels for next week’s autocross. Hopefully they solve the issue otherwise my last hope is another alignment at my preferred shop.

I don’t have my last two alignment specs in front of me but my current theory is that I was always close to rubbing but the recent less than perfect alignment from Big O Tires is the culprit.

Attachments

• D084383F-B541-4ADE-99B5-D181EACD5074.jpeg
    D084383F-B541-4ADE-99B5-D181EACD5074.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Here is an update:

The front left wheel is making contact with the steering rod nut at full lock. I forgot to take a picture but I confirmed contact by putting the car in the air and turning the steering wheel. The front left tire is also making contact with the inner liner; see attached picture. I bought 3mm spacers and will try running them with the wheels for next week’s autocross. Hopefully they solve the issue otherwise my last hope is another alignment at my preferred shop.

I don’t have my last two alignment specs in front of me but my current theory is that I was always close to rubbing but the recent less than perfect alignment from Big O Tires is the culprit.

Ran the wheels with a 3mm at autocross on Sunday. Also got an alignment to even out the front a little bit (-2.4) and fix toe. Looks like the wheel clears the steering rod nut but I’m still rubbing on the inner fender. Will try 5mm spacers next but I’m not optimistic.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey guys!

With the recent VS-5RS release, I will admit I haven't been spending too much time on the SM-10 side of things. That said, I wanted to give ya'll a heads-up about our upcoming Winter-specific SM-10 Group Buy slated to launch at the end of this month.

The Winter-specific SM-10 Group Buy will be strictly focused on the 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10, which is our recommended fitment for off-season/Winter/snow use. The 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10 will be available in Anthracite, Satin Bronze, Satin Black, and Race Silver, with discounted add-on options for 3mm/5mm spacers, VW/Audi stud conversion kits, and colored centercaps. The max discount will be $300 off plus free shipping, which is the highest discount we are able to offer for these particular wheels. For those of you who drive your cars year-round, this is the perfect chance to pick up a set of relatively cheap off-season wheels for winter duty!

To help on the marketing side of this deal, we are currently looking for any VW/Audi SM-10 pictures in wintery/snowy conditions. If you happen to have a pic or two of your car in the snow, please send it over to geirsen@apexraceparts.com and in return we can send you out a swag-bag with a T-shirt, decals, and an APEX plate frame!

Stay tuned for more details regarding this deal in the near future!

-Geirsen

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
If you don't want to wait, I received an email from EQTuning announcing Apex Wheels' black friday sale.

Attachments

• 1668658686113.png
    1668658686113.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 53
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 49

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Just as a heads-up, our Black Friday sale is coming up shortly with discounts up to 30% off across our entire catalog! You can check out the details on our Pre-Sale page below:

APEX Black Friday Sale 2022

If you have any fitment or technical questions before placing an order, please feel free to reach out to us here or via PM!

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
The Black Friday Sale is officially live on our website and will be running through till next Monday. We have discounts across the board in the VW/Audi market, with our flow formed SM-10 and forged VS-5RS wheels discounted up to 25%, along with various discounts for VW/Audi spacers and hardware. We are also offering free shipping for any orders placed during the sale.

Please let me know if you have any questions, fitment or otherwise!

-Geirsen