GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Nice. I’ll keep an eye out for the 18x9. May do it otherwise waiting for the 18x8.5. I mostly use mine on street with very ocasional auto cross time so 18x9 is a bit wider than I am looking to go.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Nice. I’ll keep an eye out for the 18x9. May do it otherwise waiting for the 18x8.5. I mostly use mine on street with very ocasional auto cross time so 18x9 is a bit wider than I am looking to go.
Just to give you a heads-up, while the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS forged wheel will be available in late July/August, the 18x9" ET42 won't be launching at the same time. We still have some engineering work to do on the drop well/barrel of the 18" VW/Audi VS-5RS design to ensure brake clearance is the same or improved compared to the 18x9" ET42 SM-10. The 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS will likely be available closer to mid-Fall and we will only be offering the wider fitment at launch. If we do a 18x8.5" ET43 forged wheel, we will likely be offering it in a different design for the VW/Audi market.

-Geirsen

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Just to give you a heads-up, while the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS forged wheel will be available in late July/August, the 18x9" ET42 won't be launching at the same time. We still have some engineering work to do on the drop well/barrel of the 18" VW/Audi VS-5RS design to ensure brake clearance is the same or improved compared to the 18x9" ET42 SM-10. The 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS will likely be available closer to mid-Fall and we will only be offering the wider fitment at launch. If we do a 18x8.5" ET43 forged wheel, we will likely be offering it in a different design for the VW/Audi market.

-Geirsen
Dibs on a set of 17x9 in brushed silver!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Figured ya'll might appreciate a little sneak-peek of the photoshoot we are running today. :cool:

20220525_104228.jpg

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
It has been a crazy last couple of weeks over at the APEX office! We have been grinding out photoshoots across all MQB VW/Audi chassis in preparation for the launch of the new VS-5RS 17x9" ET42! For everyone's viewing pleasure, here is some kick-ass eye candy that we just finished up. Enjoy!

First up:

Conner's Red MK7 Golf Sportwagen

APEX Wheels Forged VS-5RS in Brushed Clear

F/R: 17x9" ET42 with 245/40-17 Hankook RS4

Additional Modifications:

Golf R Front Bumper

APR Stage 1 Tune - 91 Octane

APR 350mm Front Brake Kit

GTI Powerpack Rear Brakes

Bilstein B16 coilovers with 034 Motorsports Camber mounts

034 Motorsports Front and Rear Swaybars

APEX Wheels Flow Formed SM-10 in Satin Bronze

F/R: 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 Hankook RS4

Golf R Front Bumper

Lastly, while it isn't a MK7, I figured you guys would also appreciate seeing the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS' on a MK8 GTI:

Stay tuned for more content coming through the pipeline soon!

-Geirsen

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I like them, but the 17's look like 16's.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
It has been a crazy last couple of weeks over at the APEX office! We have been grinding out photoshoots across all MQB VW/Audi chassis in preparation for the launch of the new VS-5RS 17x9" ET42! For everyone's viewing pleasure, here is some kick-ass eye candy that we just finished up. Enjoy!

First up:

APEX Wheels Forged VS-5RS in Brushed Clear

F/R: 17x9" ET42 with 245/40-17 Hankook RS4

Golf R Front Bumper

APEX Wheels Flow Formed SM-10 in Satin Bronze

F/R: 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 Hankook RS4

Golf R Front Bumper

Lastly, while it isn't a MK7, I figured you guys would also appreciate seeing the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS' on a MK8 GTI:

Stay tuned for more content coming through the pipeline soon!

-Geirsen
Man that must be one tired dad after hanging around while the photos and videos were taken..

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Has anyone run into rubbing on the inner lip of the 17x9? I think my steering rack is making contact.
I have not heard of the inner lip rubbing on any MK7s running the 17x9" ET42 to my knowledge. When we developed that wheel we specifically went slightly more aggressive with the offset to ensure no inner clearance issues. Have you had a chance to physically check clearances to confirm if any contact is being made? Or are you just noticing a rub on opposite lock?

-Geirsen

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Has anyone run into rubbing on the inner lip of the 17x9? I think my steering rack is making contact.
I'm not sure how your steering rack would make contact? Can you share some photos and/or symptoms, as well as rest of your specs (alignment? shocks/springs?), of what your experancing that leads you to suspect the wheel fitment?

I run a number of wheels, (including the 17x9 Apex), most aggressive of which are 18x9.5 ET45, and while I do have various issues with that aggressive a wheel, rubbing on front inner lip, even on that wheel, is not one of them

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I don’t think this is a wheel design issue. I ran them fine for 2 autox but recently I had to replace the front wheel bearings. Just checking if I’m an isolated issue. I will post more details later.

Attachments

• 46CB3274-CD06-4E42-8E04-6424F8FD0E78.jpeg
    46CB3274-CD06-4E42-8E04-6424F8FD0E78.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115

Zipobilrok

Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Assuming the new VS-5RS 17x9" ET42 can fit a bone stock 2018 Golf R without camber plates, without spacers, and without rolling the fenders, I am very interested in a set in anthracite for my daily driver.

Finally wore out the stock tires so great time for new rims, I'm too old for crap ride on 19's
likely would go with Continental DWS06+ or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S4 tires