GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The caliper is mounted in the same position, how would a rotor present a wheel clearance issue?

I was mainly concerned about the caliper clearing the wheels.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Any word on the timing for the forged? I am looking at yours and Titan 7. Titan 7 said 2-3 month wait so if yours will be sooner I prefer yours since they can use the OEM center cap.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Any word on the timing for the forged? I am looking at yours and Titan 7. Titan 7 said 2-3 month wait so if yours will be sooner I prefer yours since they can use the OEM center cap.
Golf R bumper looks great! Joe should be reaching out to you soon to setup the VS shoot. 🤘

That chart is mostly accurate. Weights are still being finalized but that number is in the ball park. The timeline is mostly accurate for shipping production wheels but the Group Buy will likely start quite a bit earlier in July.

-Geirsen

1 page back, supposedly group buy kicking off in July, August ETA on the wheels. Personally I think the VS-5RS looks MUCH better than the Titan 7 options..

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels how much for a set of those NT01's?
Send me a PM about what specific setup you're looking for. I can offer a stronger discount if you go with a wheel/tire package.
I was mainly concerned about the caliper clearing the wheels.
Funny enough, we actually designed all of our VW SM-10s with the Macan calipers as a baseline for BBK clearance. The 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10 will clear that kit no problem without needing any additional spacing. :cool:
As noted above, we are launching the first forged VW/Audi VS-5RS GB in July with an expected ETA for the first production run around mid-August. That said, it is difficult to compare our forged VW/Audi offerings to T7's as the fitments are entirely different. At launch, the VS-5RS will only be available in the track-focused 17x9" ET42 fitment, with 18x9" ET42s coming at a later date (mid-late Fall likely). T7's VW forged wheels are only offered in 18/19x8.5" ET44, which is definitely more of a street fitment much like the 18x8.5" ET43 in our SM-10 design.

-Geirsen

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Send me a PM about what specific setup you're looking for. I can offer a stronger discount if you go with a wheel/tire package.

Funny enough, we actually designed all of our VW SM-10s with the Macan calipers as a baseline for BBK clearance. The 17x8.5" ET43 SM-10 will clear that kit no problem without needing any additional spacing. :cool:

As noted above, we are launching the first forged VW/Audi VS-5RS GB in July with an expected ETA for the first production run around mid-August. That said, it is difficult to compare our forged VW/Audi offerings to T7's as the fitments are entirely different. At launch, the VS-5RS will only be available in the track-focused 17x9" ET42 fitment, with 18x9" ET42s coming at a later date (mid-late Fall likely). T7's VW forged wheels are only offered in 18/19x8.5" ET44, which is definitely more of a street fitment much like the 18x8.5" ET43 in our SM-10 design.

-Geirsen
PM sent

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey all,

We have officially finalized the weight figures for the new 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS! While the Brushed Clear finish is a touch lighter than the Anthracite and Satin Bronze finishes, the average weight from all three is just shy of 16.9lbs overall. As a reference point, the flow formed SM-10 in a 17x9" ET42 weighs in at just over 20lbs. Considering these have a higher 1,600lb load rating compared to the flow formed SM-10's load rating of 1,543lbs, it is quite easy to see where your money is going with the forged offering.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions!

-Geirsen

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hey all,

We have officially finalized the weight figures for the new 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS! While the Brushed Clear finish is a touch lighter than the Anthracite and Satin Bronze finishes, the average weight from all three is just shy of 16.9lbs overall. As a reference point, the flow formed SM-10 in a 17x9" ET42 weighs in at just over 20lbs. Considering these have a higher 1,600lb load rating compared to the flow formed SM-10's load rating of 1,543lbs, it is quite easy to see where your money is going with the forged offering.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions!

-Geirsen
How's the spoke clearance on the VS-5RS compared to the SM-10?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
How's the spoke clearance on the VS-5RS compared to the SM-10?
Spoke clearance is practically the same as the SM-10. However, the VS-5RS has an improved drop well where the spokes meet the center of the wheel, this allows for some additional brake clearance compared to the FF SM-10 in the same 17x9" ET42 fitment. To put this in perspective, when fitment testing on the new MK8R with 360mm factory front brakes, the 17x9" ET42 SM-10 required 3mm spacers to safely clear. However, the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS was able to clear without any additional spacing, while still maintaining our 3mm threshold of wheel to brake clearance.

-Geirsen