GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
If you dig deeper, the data that leads to fatigue limits is based off a poor interpretation of stochastic data. There's some pretty hefty disagreement on whether or not fatigue/endurance limits are actually a thing.

/Also an enginerd
Never seen the hefty disagreement. It appears to be universally accepted in mechanical design. However, as our analysis tools have gotten better and better, maybe the theories need refinement. Haven't looked into it.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Finally some decent pics

20210731_120300.jpg

20210731_120217.jpg

20210731_120112.jpg

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey guys,

I apologize for my hiatus as I was on vacation last week. I just had an opportunity to catch back up with this thread and I am absolutely loving all of the pictures ya'll are sending in! Fantastic content and super helpful fitment information!

Just for the sake of sharing, here's a quick shot I took of my personal car on our road trip through Central OR last week:

IMG_0697.JPG

For those of you who have tried to reach out in regards to your order status, please shoot us a PM if you have not already heard back from myself or another APEX team member. I will be playing a bit of catch-up this week but I hope to get back to everyone over the course of the next few days.

-Geirsen

Last edited:

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Still enjoying my wheels and the tires. One of my favorites aspects is how much easier these are to clean and the access to the brake calipers is great. During install, I weighed against the 10k mile stock wheels/tires and it looks like I'm getting a 3 lbs saving per wheel.

carrots

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI Rabbit
Is it generally recommended to wait until the wheels & tires are balanced before ceramic coating the wheels? I’ve read that doing it prior might make it difficult for the weights to adhere. Also some suggests to leave a strip untreated to workaround that problem.

I know a lot of people just got their Apex wheels and was wondering what yal did.

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Hard to tell but does the rear sit flush for the 18x8.5 or is a spacer needed. Thanks in advance.
I do not have a spacer on mine, I felt they sat close enough to flush, but I'm spring lowered a good bit so I didn't want the possibility of rubbing that was the main reason for me getting these and they look way better that the vw 19's it had

Last edited:

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Is it generally recommended to wait until the wheels & tires are balanced before ceramic coating the wheels? I’ve read that doing it prior might make it difficult for the weights to adhere. Also some suggests to leave a strip untreated to workaround that problem.

I know a lot of people just got their Apex wheels and was wondering what yal did.
I had mine ceramic coated first, than had the tires mounted/balanced.
The ceramic coating on the barrel doesn't cause any problems with the balancing weights; at least it hasn't on mine.

Millsn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7R
Does anyone here run apex with
255 40 17s lowered with superpro castor arms? Just wondering when rubbing starts.