GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
thats good to know. if i am fixed on using my current 225 tires, what are my advantages of going up to 8.5 vs 8?

Depending on what spec your current 8" wheels are, the 18x8.5" ET43 will likely provide you with a more flush fitment both front and rear. Also, if you mount up your current 225/40-18 tires to the 18x8.5" ET43 wheels, once it comes time to replace your 225's, you will have the option to upsize to a 235/40-18 or 245/35-18 if you want to run a wider tire for additional performance.

-Geirsen

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I am running another brand's 18x8.5" et43 rim with 255/35 tires. I could get away with a 5mm spacer and clear the filler neck and could run up to a 10mm spacer without poke.

I am currently using an 8mm spacer. Not a single issue.

8.5" opens you up to a 255 max tire width with adequate sidewall support. Some 255s run really large and are not a super optimal fit. I have 255/35 Federal RS-Pros and they run wiiiide. My 255/35 Indy 500s are an inch or so narrower.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
20 pledges already! Thats awesome!

pledged! excited for these wheels.

22 pledges!

Right-on you guys! After almost two years of development and working with the VW community on these wheels, I am very excited to see such a positive response to the Group Buy! At this rate, we will hit the max discount in no-time!

Remember, if you are holding off from pledging and have yourself listed as "interested", you are not officially a part of the deal. The Group Buy is first come, first serve, so those who get their official pledges in first will have the best chance of getting their first preference for wheel spec/finish.

-Geirsen

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
I'll treat this as the official "first request" for APEX MK8 Golf wheels. That way we can hit the ground running once folks start taking delivery of their MK8 GTIs and Golf Rs. :cool:
be nice to know the wheels be compatible with the mk8s, another selling pt.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
be nice to know the wheels be compatible with the mk8s, another selling pt.
Well it's still the MQB, and the GTI and R still come with the same size wheels, so I think it's a safe bet. The 18's will surely clear the Mk8 PP brakes, but I wonder if the 17's might not. Hard to know without knowing the new rotor size.