GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion

Pete_CFB

Ready to race!
Those look amazing... too bad we take it up the a$$ with shipping and brokerage fees when sent to Canada and with Covid, no way to ship and pick up in Odgensburg like we used to...

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Yeah, I'm just factoring in the value of Apex mounting the tires versus me spending my time finding a shop to do it, hoping they don't fk the wheel up, and paying more.

Yeah I get that, I looked at the 245/40's they offered but they were about $50 more a tire than I could get them for, but the convenience would of been worth it had I known for sure they would fit my R

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Looks like Michelin is doing a $120 rebate on all Pilot series tires rn. https://www.michelinman.com/promotion/spring2021.html

Also, Discount Tire Direct and Simple Tire are doing $100 off when you spend $400 or more in their eBay stores right now too. 'PUMPITUP' is the discount code.
It's obvious in hindsight, but I never thought eBay would ever be a destination to shop for tires. Somehow, I'm young but old at the same time 😭

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Interested in 18x8.5. I currently have good tread left on my 225 PS4S. Will that expose too much rim for potential curb rashes?

225/40-18 can technically work on the 18x8.5" ET43 but it will be a touch stretched. However, since the PS4S has a chunkier sidewall than most you should be totally fine.

@APEXWheels When do you plan on posting the fuel filler relocation article?

Fuel filler relocation article is currently in the works. I plan on using it as one of our GB updates within the next week or two.

I hope we dont need that for GTI folks who wants to run 8.5" right?

Correct! The fuel filler precaution is really only for GTI's wanting to run the 17x9" ET42 with a very aggressive 255/40-17 R comp or the 18x9" ET42 with a 265/35-18 tire. In our testing, the 17x9" ET42 with a 255/40-17 NT01 was able to just barely clear the fuel filler in the rear on a mildly lowered GTI.

-Geirsen

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I hope we dont need that for GTI folks who wants to run 8.5" right?
I am running another brand's 18x8.5" et43 rim with 255/35 tires. I could get away with a 5mm spacer and clear the filler neck and could run up to a 10mm spacer without poke.

I am currently using an 8mm spacer. Not a single issue.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
I am running another brand's 18x8.5" et43 rim with 255/35 tires. I could get away with a 5mm spacer and clear the filler neck and could run up to a 10mm spacer without poke.

I am currently using an 8mm spacer. Not a single issue.
thats good to know. if i am fixed on using my current 225 tires, what are my advantages of going up to 8.5 vs 8?