GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
And we are live!

The official APEX 17" and 18" VW SM-10 Group Buy has officially started! You can check out all of the official details and pledge for a set of your own over on the official Gangup page via the following link:

APEX VW SM-10 Group Buy

We have also posted an official Group Buy thread in the Golf MK7 vendor section, which you can find via the following link:

Official APEX SM-10 Group Buy Thread

Lastly, with the help of all of the volunteers who have graciously offered up their cars for testing and R&D, I present to you the official APEX MK7 Golf, GTI, and Golf R fitment guide:

Official APEX MK7 Fitment Guide

Please let me know if anyone has any questions regarding the wheels or the Group Buy process. Enjoy! :cool:

-Geirsen

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
And we are live!

The official APEX 17" and 18" VW SM-10 Group Buy has officially started! You can check out all of the official details and pledge for a set of your own over on the official Gangup page via the following link:

APEX VW SM-10 Group Buy

We have also posted an official Group Buy thread in the Golf MK7 vendor section, which you can find via the following link:

Official APEX SM-10 Group Buy Thread

Lastly, with the help of all of the volunteers who have graciously offered up their cars for testing and R&D, I present to you the official APEX MK7 Golf, GTI, and Golf R fitment guide:

Official APEX MK7 Fitment Guide

Please let me know if anyone has any questions regarding the wheels or the Group Buy process. Enjoy! :cool:

-Geirsen
PLEDGED!!!!

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
That is correct, the 17x8.5" ET43 weighs 19.6lbs with paint/topcoat. Our listed weight figures are pulled from the average of weighing each set of samples in person, rather than CAD estimations.

-Geirsen
That surprised me since the 18x8.5 (BMW fitment) is listed as 18.4 pounds. Was hoping for something lighter.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Any 18x9" weight estimates?

Super interested. Something tells me actual samples may come in a bit lighter than averaged but CAD is usually pretty damn accurate. Also, the BMW 5x120mm BCD and hub might allow for slightly less weight.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hey @APEXWheels just a heads up, the Macan setup most people run is with the 345mm MK6 R/Macan/Q5 rotor instead of the 340mm OEM rotor (it works on both). My car had the 345 when test fit so it clears both 18x8.5 ET43 and 17x9 ET42 wheel.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
It is listed on the group buy page (21.0 pounds).
Typical overhyped reaction (lack of reading the links) from this guy. My apologies. Digging through the info now. Might be time to run a staggered setup.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
That surprised me since the 18x8.5 (BMW fitment) is listed as 18.4 pounds. Was hoping for something lighter.
The VW SM-10 utilizes design aspects from our Porsche 18x8.5" ET42 SM-10, which is a more fair weight comparison at 20.5lbs. The VW SM-10 has quite a few design differences and improvements (specific for VW) compared to the BMW SM-10.

Hey @APEXWheels just a heads up, the Macan setup most people run is with the 345mm MK6 R/Macan/Q5 rotor instead of the 340mm OEM rotor (it works on both). My car had the 345 when test fit so it clears both 18x8.5 ET43 and 17x9 ET42 wheel.

I appreciate the heads up! I will update our text to mention the 345mm rotor as well.

-Geirsen